Saturday, January 27, 2018

Removed From The Scene

I honestly don't know why work likes to do these demonstration things. 
Like...I get that it's supposed to be a teaching exercise and such...
But really....*shakes head* I do think they're kinda pointless. 

In any case.
Today was another "Event" day. Where work wanted us to do another thingymababber.
This time involving a "Fish Tank Set Up Demo"

Which...you know would probably have been a lot cooler and interesting if you like...actually put water in the tank and such and plugged it all in and everything.

But nope.
Dry demonstration. 
-Which makes sense because like the event is three hours long. So it makes sense that you don't want to constantly be filling and emptying the tank of water, because that takes time. And I would need to repeat this demonstration multiple times. 

Still. Pretty boring event really.
Who wants to watch me place gravel in a tank, decorate it real quick, and then put in the filter and heater, all the while explaining each step, and such? 

Only like maybe 12 people total? Maybe 6? I don't know. Small number.
lol People were more interested in the drawing to win the small tank than anything else. 
So a lot of it was just me standing there looking pretty. ;) lol. 

In any case.
The fun fact about standing at a table for 3 hours.
Is that I was scheduled to be at that table.
Which meant, I couldn't really leave the event to go elsewhere in the store. 

So it was kinda interesting to kinda be like the eye of the storm.
I could see the chaos swirling around me quite easily. 
See when Cashiers were needing backup.
See when my department needed backup.

And like...I just stood there....doing the demo. 

Which, is halfway very frustrating because me at my core...I want to help. 
But was also rather nice because like...I didn't get caught up in the stress of trying to help everyone at once because suddenly there are fifty people in the store all needing help at the same time. (okay exaggeration, but it got crazy busy all at once.) 
So at least I avoided tensing myself up like crazy. ^^;; Heh. 

But I did try to help when I could. 
I wasn't supposed to have my radio on me while I was doing the demo. 
But I ended up putting the earpiece in my ear anyway so I could be aware of what was happening in the store, and let my coworkers know when there was backup needed or when customers needed help.
So like...I felt a bit like an air traffic controller really.
Helping as much as I could when I needed to be stationed where I was at. 

^^;; 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment