Sunday, January 28, 2018

Personality

I had an interesting encounter today;
Well...encounter isn't the word.
But exchange maybe?

Where I met up with a person who soon into the conversation brought up the personality tests. And was like "I'm an INFP!" 

And I was like. "Oh hey! Me too." 

And it was crazy, kinda how the whole like...vibe of the room shifted?
Like, there was an instant understanding of. "Oh, we're more alike than I thought, so therefore." and we just...adjusted to account for this new information. So that the conversation flowed a bit easier and everything.

And it was interesting because my sister later came into the conversation and again the person was like "Oh yah, I'm told you're an INTJ, I'm an INFP myself."

and Kikay was the one to point out later....that knowing that the person was an INFP helped her with her perspective of him.

As before when she didn't know his personality type, she thought that he was acting a little cold towards her.
But after she found out he was an INFP she realized. "Oh, you're not being cold, I know from experience (since another roomie, and I are INFPs) that INFPs tend to be a little more on the polite side when they first meet people so it's hard to see their true personalities at first because they're not yet comfortable with me." 

So, that was kinda cool.
Like knowing the personality types helped my sister understand another person better and adjust her opinion so that it was more understanding and favorable.

Like it was super cool. 
And almost I was like. "Wow it would be awesome if we all did that. Hi my name is Sarnic and I'm an INFP" 
lol though that would probably get tedious after a while.....

But in any case. It was fun to meet another INFP lol.
Apparently we're rather rare? As the person who came over stated that they hadn't met another INFP since they took the test. 
Which...huh...I feel like I know a lot of INFPs....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment