Saturday, January 6, 2018

Flip Flopping

For the first time in a long while yesterday I got to do the fish shipment.
Okay, it actually hasn't been that long since I did the fish shipment like...last week.
But it was the first time in a long while since I've done a large fish shipment.

As the past handful of times I've worked a Friday, the fish shipment has been on the smaller side. Like one level, maybe barely two.
When I know quite well that our shipments usually are around 3 levels high. (5 boxes of fish per level) 

So I was rather delighted yesterday when the shipment arrived and it was 3 levels!!
Woot!!
Large shipment!
Which is great because it means that it takes longer to put the fish out which in turn means that it take more time so I have less time to be searching for something else to do.

And putting out the fish shipment went rather well. 
...Until I opened up a box.
and saw some visible 'flopping' in one of the bags.
We occasionally get in creatures like crabs and frogs in with the fish shipments (because they go on the same wall as the fish) so it's not unusual to see movement in the bag that doesn't have visible water.
So I was thinking it was one of those creatures when I lifted up the bag, going to investigate what the movement was. 

:S
It wasn't frogs or crabs.
No.
It was FISH!!
AHH!!!

Somehow the bag had leaked.
And 3 pink kissing gourami's were left with like...barely half an inch of water in the bag.
Seriously. I have no idea how they were still alive.
I don't think there was enough water for them to lay flat and be fully covered. :S

I didn't look too closely because I was too busy rushing to the fishtank they were supposed to go in, boxcutter already in my hand so I could cut the bag open and release them into a tank full of water.

Talk about a tense moment! :S
Thankfully, the fish appear to have not suffered any ill effects as they were still alive this morning when I came into work. ^^;; Yay.
Yay for saving the fish.

But honestly, I have to wonder how long they were in the bag in the box with so little water.
Was it a few minutes? Was it hours?!
I have no idea.
But at least they survived. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment