Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Zany System

It's always interesting to see...well....trends in new places.
Like, it seems like the same old places have been around for forever.
And then suddenly.
There's this new hangout/food place that's 'all the rage' and everyone needs to go there and try it. 

Which, I've gotten a taste of it, trying out the food trucks and such with their round ups and all that.
-Though with the winter, those are definitely less common. 

But it's not often that I go try out a new food place.
Mostly because I'm a pretty picky eater.
I know what I like and I like what I know.

So the thought of going to a new place where I'm like...I have no idea what they even serve here?
Yah, kinda halfway stressful.
Because like...what if there's nothing on the menu that I like?
What if everyone else orders so quickly and I'm just left standing there....desperately trying to find something I like.

And it's like...what if I don't even like it?
I mean what if there's a chicken sandwich on the menu, but it's not the 'good kind' of chicken sandwich but the 'bad kind of chicken sandwich' and I won't know until they bring it out to me?!?! 

Agh.
Really, I still support myself when I say it would be fun if food places offered samples of their foods. 
Like "Oh I've never had this lemon shrimp before, what is it?" 
And the person is like "For a quarter you can try it." 
So you pay the quarter.
Get a bite of shrimp and go "Oh, I don't like that, good thing I didn't buy that." 
Or "I love this! Take my money!" 

They could even do a sampler platter or something.
Take seven items on the menu and you get it for $7.99 or something. 

Yah. Still a fan of that idea.
If I ever open a food place, I'm totally going to do that.

In any case,
back on topic. 
New places.

I went to a new place tonight.
Called Roll-Up Café.

Which honestly, the name connoates those old "drive up" food places.
Like the Sonic Hops or whatever. The places where you 'roll up' to the window, order your meal and then walla it's brought out to you without ever having to leave your car. 

Nah. Twas a sit down place this place.
A place that served Crepes. 

Which cool!
Only I very little experience with Crepes beyond the fact that it's mostly fruit. 
I mean my strongest memory of them was like....I think back in my first year of college.
I believe it was like the morning after my roomie and I had been kicked out of our apartment, because our lease was up....but the school year wasn't yet up....so we had to crash for a bit somewhere so we'd actually be able to make it to class and such.
It was some sort of situation like that. 
And we had crashed...I want to say it was the Bishop's place.
And his wife made us Crepes for breakfast.

That's my strongest memory of it.
Though I've probably had them elsewhere, like at a girls camp or institute retreat or something.
*shakes head*

In any case.
Crepes.
I could halfway do that! I mean, I love fruit! I could do that. 
Only...apparently they like to put weird creams and yogurts and who knows what else on these crepe thingies. 
And I'm like...can we just make it a bowl of fresh fruit and call it good?? 

lol. 
But the place served more than fruit crepes. It was like....idk...they had desert ones and if I was reading the menu right they even had more salad/sandwich based ones....ones with chicken and lettuce and things like that.

I don't know for sure because I was in the panicked mindset of "quick find something I can eat! What can I eat What can I eat?! Ah they're ordering already!?! AHHHHHH"

lol. I settled on a brownie and ice cream one,
Which was amazing and delicious and all the sweets. lol. 

So yay for picking well!! :D

But the main thing I found amusing about the place.
Was like Sodalicious (a soda shop) the Roll Up Café decided to name their creations crazy names. 
Like at sodalicious you can get the "boy scout" "What she's having" "Summer Lovin" and end up with a specific drink.

Same concept with Roll Up Café.
You can order a "Tinder" "Awkward First Date" "Oh My Darlin" "Hot Mess" 
And get a specific type of meal. 
lol 
I ordered the Tinder, if anyone is curious.

Is there a rhyme or reason to these names with the food that makes up the specific crepe?
Probably.
I have no idea. 
But it's definitely a fun and zany concept that I like that food/drink places have gotten more into having in the recent years.
As I do remember there being places to offer specific sandwiches like "Reubens" or "Bosses' Favorite"
But none of them quite had the creative naming system as these places.

Hmmm I think I would do book themed ones for my food shop. Or maybe even movie themed.
"I'll have a Titanic." "I'll have the Lord of the Rings." 

Could be fun. lol. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment