Monday, January 8, 2024

Accidentally Taken

 It was probably a bad idea to go food shopping today.

Like. Besides the fact today is a Monday and it almost always feels like there's less product on the shelves after a weekend...this is also the First Monday after the holiday break. 

And being in a college town....the roads were definitely much much busier as everyone who went home for Christmas is coming back in.

And all those college students will need to get food after like two weeks away. 

So yah.

Shopping today was probably a bad idea.

But with snow in the forecast for like the entire week....and with it actually being pretty clear if cloudy when I got off work.

I decided it'd be best to go shopping today rather than risking having to go in the middle of an actual snowstorm or something.

Especially since I'm still borrowing a car. I definitely don't want to drive in bad weather more than I have to. 

In any case.

I tend to get...tense when there's a bunch of people around. 

A leftover from the social distancing we had to do through the main COVID pandemic. Where if there are too many people around me it...stresses me out.

In any case.

I was trying to get in and out as quickly as possible. 

....

And as I was putting groceries into my car...noticed a box of snacks that wasn't in a bag.

Which I usually put those in bags.

So to have it not in the bag....

Made me think I hadn't paid for it.

Part of me thought about just letting it alone. 

I mean no one stopped me on my way outside for 'stealing' this $5 box of fruit snacks. 

So therefore. Mine!!

Like the big old corporate won't miss $5 especially in an honest mistake sort of fashion.

But at the same time...I didn't want to feel guilty for taking something I didn't pay for. Even if it was an accident.

And despite my misgivings about having to go back into a crowded grocery store....

I went back in --after checking my receipt to make sure I had actually not paid for the snacks- and went in and paid for them. 

So yay me being honest I suppose.

lol. 

Though the part of me who's watched too many crime shows wonders what the cameras would think of me if they ever look at that. See me leave, come back in, go straight to the check out, pay again, and then leave again. *shakes head*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment