Thursday, January 11, 2024

Drive Thru??

 It's been different driving a car car around the last couple of weeks.

Mostly because car cars are lower to the ground compared to my own mini suv. And it's taken a little bit of getting used to (and a couple bumped heads when I forget to duck low enough to get into the car).

But like...driving wise...I thought I'd notice a more...noticeable difference in driving a car that's lower to the ground compared to my own. 

And yet...I hadn't really noticed anything.

Which is weird.

Because part of me feels like I should be sitting on the ground and everything will be 'too high' compared to my car.

Which is part of the reason why I haven't gone out to eat the last couple of weeks I've been borrowing my family's car.

Because I didn't want to deal with the drive thru.

Because despite knowing that car cars go through drive thrus all the time.

I just...didn't want to have to deal with pulling up to the window and being like....lower than the drive thru window.

As I'm used to being pretty even with it....

Though I honestly haven't paid attention before now. Maybe I sit slightly below the window anyways? Who knows.

In any case.

I didn't want to have to deal with 'reaching up' to get things from the drive thru so....I just haven't gone through any drive thrus.

It hasn't been that big of a deal. I've been low enough on energy after work that I haven't wanted to deal with more people. So I tend to head straight home to eat food there.

But the past couple of days...I just haven't had the energy to make anything. And nothing sounded good enough to make either. 

Which ...surviving off of toast, granola bars, and candy/chocolate/cookies is not a good recipe for long term health. 

As I have noticed that my body seems to get more achy the less healthy I eat for longer periods of time. 

So I am trying to make a conscious effort to eat more 'real food'

But ugh. It's difficult. Especially when I don't have the spoons to cook.

And since I'm borrowing a car....I haven't really wanted to drive it more than I have to. Mostly it's been "go to and from work." and the occasional stop at the grocery store. 

Especially with it snowing near constantly for the past week....I definitely haven't wanted to drive in my borrow car more than I needed to because I wanted to minimize my risks of somehow getting into an accident. Because I don't know this car in bad weather and if the roads are covered in snow I'm not detouring anywhere if I can help it.

But today...today I reached my limit of "I can eat at home." because I honestly couldn't think of anything I wanted to eat at home. 

But it had been snowing like....all day. Which with snow sticking in parking lots and such...I really didn't want to drive anywhere I didn't have to.

But thankfully. 

The storm cleared up for long enough for the roads to be mostly clear and the parking lots to not be too nasty.

To the point where I felt like "Yes, I can go get myself food before I go home."

So I went to a place I actually haven't actively gone to on my own before.

I went to Noodles & Co. 

Which, my roomies tend to get it all the time and I have ordered from there through them enough to know what I wanted.

And what I wanted was a meal that I could have for longer than a meal.

And the Noodles food is often good for 2 or 3 meals depending on how hungry I am.

So I dropped by the one nearby my work.

-No drive thru there so I didn't have to worry about 'reaching up' to get things from the drive thru window. Nope. I just needed to worry about parking in a spot where I wouldn't get stuck in the snow.

So yay success.

I got food for multiple meals and got to drive home safely without worrying about running into problems in the snow.

Still. 

I'm looking forward to getting my actual car back.

I'll probably celebrate by going through a drive thru lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment