Monday, January 22, 2024

Misplaced

 I had a moment of panic the other day while I was out running errands.

As I was making my last 'shopping' stop in that I was filling up my borrowed car with gas before returning it to my sibling.

And as I pulled out my wallet to grab my card to pay for gas.

I noticed a different card I'd used earlier was missing from its slot.

And the last place I remembered using that card was 45 minutes away where I had picked up food.

And I had a moment of panic. Wondering if I'd dropped it there.

As I knew the cashier had returned the card to me. But I'd dropped my phone as I was grabbing my food and while I hadn't noticed anything fly out...maybe it had? Was my card now STOLEN!? Did it end up on the ground and someone else picked it up?! 

And like...was there anyway I could check? Would I be able to call the place and have them look for it? Would it still be there? Would it be long gone?

Still.

Before I fully panicked. I finished getting the gas.

And then went to check the bags I had in the car from all the errands.

And thankfully. Mixed in with the receipt from the food place...was my card.

Woot!!! It wasn't lost!! 

I guess in my hurry to grab everything I'd just stuck both receipt and card in the bag with my food and left.

So I'm grateful that the card was still with me.

But oof. That did not help my stress levels at all.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment