Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Self Review

 I had to write a self review today at work.

You know those "How are you amazing and what could you have done better?" sort of things that I honestly loathe.

Mostly because I find it quite easy to be down on myself and struggle to see my strengths without worrying that I'm sounding boastful. 

It's even more difficult when it felt like all of 2023 I was mostly in survival mode at work.

Well...at least the last half of the year I was. 

Because the end of August saw my bestie leaving work, which meant that I ended up taking on more night shifts and that drained me from all the socialization and then I went straight from work drama to family drama back to work drama....and yah.

Survival mode.

Like I'm not sure I've done better as a manager this year.

I haven't gotten worse.

But I also probably am not meeting all the expectations set upon me either.

Mostly because I've gotten a bit more apathetic towards Corporate and their stupid standards and need to have us do more work with less hours and such. 

*exhales*

But yah.

I had to write a self review today at work. Which boo.

It was also rather stressful because my VP Manager decided to be 'social' and sit right by me to order lunch as I was trying to write out things on the computer.

*face palm*

I'm not surprised it happened. Figured they'd come and sit down the moment I had a chance to go sit down because they're social like that. 

Still frustrating. Like I would like to be left alone as I try to figure out how to talk about my strengths and weaknesses thank you very much.

But yah.

Another self review done. Yaaaay. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment