Friday, January 19, 2024

All The Youngins

It's not unusual for us to get field trips at work.

Like going to go see animals at a pet store is far less expensive than like....traveling all the way up to the next valley over and paying the park fee to go see the animals in the zoo.

Really, all it takes is a bus ride and people willing to watch over everyone for it to work out.

And usually these field trips revolve into to types.

Either they're a bunch of young elementary students.

Or they're people -of varying ages- with special needs. 

So it was rather confusing today to look outside the window and see a school bus stopped outside our doors...with high school students getting out.

But I'm guessing the high school students were helping out in some sort of 'big brother/sister' sort of way??

Because there were also a bunch of younger kids with them too. Either preschool or like maybe 1st grade age.

So we had a good 15-20 kids come streaming into the store, with basically as many teenagers to watch them.

And overall. It wasn't too bad.

The kids ran all over looking at things. The high schoolers kept an eye on them....

I stayed far far far away from them all, circling around them but not sticking around too long.

Because, while I still had animals I needed to feed...I knew the moment I opened any of the cages I would be bombarded by kids wanting to see the animal or hold it or pet it.

And I wasn't in the mood to be mobbed by like 30 kids.

So I just let them look at them through the glass.

And waited patiently for them to leave twenty minutes later after they were done looking before I continued on with my tasks.

But yah.

It was different. Having the high schoolers there. Like you don't really see them come into the store for field trip related reasons.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment