Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

It's a good thing Reth kept me busy this morning.
Otherwise I would have been anxiously staring at the door.
Trying to see if the mobs were forming yet outside out door.
In any case.
I did keep glancing at my watch every 5 minutes it seemed like.
Watching the minutes tick closer to 7am.
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock.
Near opening time I glanced at the doors and saw a group of people waiting inbetween the double doors.
-You know the area where the carts go.
Yah.
There were a group of people mingling there.
lol.
Apparently somebody -one of the managers- took pity on the people waiting outside in the cold, and let them into the first entrance, locking the second set of doors so they couldn't get in.
7 am arrived.
The doors opened.
and....
about 15 people walked in the door and promptly disappeared.
lol
No screaming mobs.
No tearing limb from limb.
Overall....
It was a pretty normal day at Starsmet for my part of the department.
We just opened two hours earlier....which made the day seem forever long. lol.

That doesn't mean there wasn't chaos elsewhere in the store.
I didn't see any.
I just saw the people making their way to the cash registers with their various purchases.
The one that sticks out is a lady who had like 30 cases of canned cat food, plus a shopping cart full of other things.
That one sticks out because she spent like a good half hour at the register...I have no idea why...price checking maybe? But it seemed to take forever.
Other things like Reptile Tanks and Cat scratching posts also made their way out the door.
But...
It was all pretty orderly.
I didn't see/hear any body get upset over anything.
No fights broke out over different items.
I actually quite enjoyed myself helping customers to find the various things they needed.
And I'm super glad that PetCare wasn't super busy.
We had a few people buying fish, a couple of hamsters, and a turtle while I was at work.
But overall, no major crisis happened.
For which I'm glad.
I'm glad it wasn't like ToysRUs or Walmart or other stores where I'm sure people lined up for hours waiting and waiting and then ran like crazy.
Here at Starsmet...It was pretty nice.
And pretty normal. ^^

Haha...but I can't relax yet.
Christmas is coming,
and I've been told the people get crazier the closer to Christmas it gets.
Guess we'll see.

Yay for no Crazy Black Friday! :D

There is one super super nice thing about why I love working at Starsmet.
They didn't play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. ^^
And today the day after thanksgiving....
I only heard a Christmas song like every third song. ^^
Woot!
No Christmas overload too early!!
^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment