Saturday, November 24, 2012

What A Week

This just isn't my week.
Every day something has happened.
A mini trial in my life I suppose.

I didn't think much of it on Monday...as nothing really happened on Monday.
I mean...I had to miss my institute classes due to a long work shift....
But that's happened before...so again, I didn't think much of it.

And as you know...Tuesday...I somehow overslept, by three hours, making me super late for work.

Wednesday, I ended up breaking a key at work.

Thursday after it was talked about by my parents...I ended up falling down my grandparents stairs. I used to fall down stairs alot when I was younger. Not as common nowadays...but I did fall down them on Turkey day.

Then yesterday..Friday, after picking up my Cous from the Airport...I totally spaced that my Itouch was in my lap.
And finally...my dreams/nightmares came true.
Y_Y I cracked the screen.
And there's no waking up to having it normal and whole again.
I'm still devastated by this...I've had it for almost a year...I was proud at keeping it uncracked.
Yah....this is going to depress me for a while...

But today...to cap off the beginning of the week with a emotional deprivement.
.....
So I've been waiting since Tuesday to go see Rise of the Guardians.
But I refrained.
As I had plans with two of my best friends since like Elementary School.
To go see it as one final hurrah before they both go on missions in the next couple of weeks.
And that we would see it...all for the first time. Together.

You can guess what happened.
They ended up seeing it before me, for a variety of reasons.

Yet....I feel really hurt.
I guess it's just disappointment.
I had this wonderful fantasy of us seeing the movie all for the first time together, then talking about it excitedly afterwards and blah blah blah....
but at the end of the movie they admitted....they'd already seen it.
It was a blow to my...self esteem I guess.
And I suddenly felt like an outsider.
They'd already seen the movie.
They'd already seen the movie.
They'd already seen the movie.
It totally shut me down.
It wasn't new to them what they'd seen.
So I didn't feel like I could gush over how awesome it was as much as I could.
It dampened my enthusiasm...
and has left a bit of a sour note.

It feels like the year and a half separation has already happened.
No longer connected.
Adieu
Adieu
Parting brings such sorrow.

I hate it when expectations don't turn out the way I thought...particularly when they take a downward spiral....

But...as a week of Thanksgiving....my problems have also brought to light what I can be thankful for.

Monday -That I worked an eight hour shift and nobody died.
Tuesday- That my managers are really kind and thoughtful, worrying more about me then me being late for work.
Wednesday- That the broken key didn't get stuck in any of the locks.
Thursday- That I didn't fall up the stairs or catch my toenail on the stairs as that is SUPER painful. And that I was able to drive up and visit my family and eat nummy food.
Friday -That my Itouch still works and that only the bottom left corner cracked and the main screen only has one crack running through the bottom corner so I can still use the screen and such. Also, I got to spend some quality time with my Cous as well and we didn't die when one of the lanes suddenly ended and neither car on either side of me would let me in, but I slowed down and they went speeding off and we stayed safe. :D
And today Saturday- That we invited a third friend along, who actually hadn't seen the movie. So two had seen it and two hadn't. That we were able to all see the movie together. That we weren't late to the movie. That there were seats available at the time we wanted to see it at. And that my parents chose to chip in and fill up the car for me...as I have driven up and down the valley three times this week...which depleted one tank of gas. They're awesome for that! ^^

Yep. Lot's to be thankful for.
I just need to focus on the good and not the sad...as it doesn't help sadness to get sadder. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

LaKai and I were driving about and we happened to get tickets to the Saturday night performance of Vocal Point. I was super excited as I could help out some other people and get video of this performance. Only I was having problems with video taping...as I kept setting my Itouch down.
And also...LaKai...was hating the performance. ()_() She thought it was super lame and couldn't see why anyone would pay $4 for this! I reminded her that the tickets are usually $12 and she wasn't impressed with that either. She couldn't believe anyone would pay to see the show and demanded we leave. So we drove off...but...we ended up turning back as I convinced her I wanted to see the rest of the performance. I was frustrated however, because since we left we couldn't get the same parking spot we had before and soo...

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment