Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Double Alarm, 7:45am

"It was probably the most restful night you had."
"Yah!"
"Until you woke up."
"Yes."

BBRRRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGGG
BBRRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGG

My phone woke me up this morning.
Which isn't unusual.
It wakes me up most mornings as it's my alarm clock.
What is unusual is that it wasn't my alarm that woke me up.
No.
It was the musical tones of me being called that woke me up.

I rolled over, saw the time.
Shot to my feet and grabbed the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey, is Sarnic there?"
"Yah, I'm here, I'm so sorry I'll be at work soon!"
"Okay. We just wanted to make sure you're okay."
"Yah...fine, I just woke up. See you soon."

Then, in super speed, I dressed in my uniform, grabbed my licence and keys and drove like crazy to work.

What had happened?
I have no idea actually.
I was supposed to be at work at 5am.
And the clock told me it was 7:45am when I looked at it.
I'd over slept my alarm by 3 hours!
:S
I am so confused.
As I set two alarms last night to go off.
And when I checked my phone they all seemed to be in working order.

But, apparently I didn't hear them go off.
Trying to think back to that morning...I might have heard one alarm go off, but then I guess I rolled over and fell back into a deep sleep.
I don't know.
Maybe the alarms just didn't go off.
That's happened to me before, with either my first or second alarm.
But never both.

In any case.
I ran into Kikay as I opened my door.
Apparently her alarm hadn't gone off either.
O.o
She had class at 8am and it was 7:45.
So both of our alarms didn't go off.
O.O
Weirder!

In any case I got to work
And as soon as the Cinres opened the door I was apologizing.
"I'm so sorry! I don't know what happened, I don't think my alarm went off. I'm so sorry!"
Luckily.
He wasn't mad at me. "No, No, you're fine. We were just worried that something had happened to you because I looked over at Petcare and realized that it was all dark...and we knew that you're always on time, so to not see you there, we got worried."

Another manager, Rasa, told me.
"I would have called you a couple of hours earlier....but I thought you were already here, because you're always already here working."

Heh.
I'm thankful that I've established a reputation of being on time and already working. ^^;;
As I think it helped make the managers more lenient about me being super late.
I mean...I was supposed to finish my shift at 9:30 and I didn't get there until 8.
But Cinres told me to "Go ahead and just work your shift, so you can get you're hours in. You'll get off at 12:30"
Aww! (said happily)
I get to work!
-I halfway starved as I didn't get breakfast but a coworker of mine had an extra banana so I was good. ^^
What wasn't good was that I had just thrown off our whole working plan.
As I was supposed to do Small Pets bedding today,
And reptile bedding tomorrow because we're closed Thanksgiving and that's when Reptile bedding should have been done.
Now...I didn't have time to do Small Pets today since the store opened in an hour, so Small Pet bedding changes has been moved to tomorrow, and Reptile bedding to Saturday.
....As doing anything besides the bare basics on Friday is out of the question since it is Black Friday and we're opening two hours earlier.

In any case.
I was able with the help of Reath to get all of Petcare open.
And it's probably a good thing I stayed longer, as we also got a shipment of fish in today -instead of Friday due to Thanksgiving.
So there was a little extra to do.
In any case.
Everything got done.
So we're all good. ^^

It's strange though...for mine and Kikay's alarm to not go off.
I wondered if we ended up in some Cosmic Bubble or something.
I think...for me at least.
My body just crashed.
I mean I felt awesome when I woke up -besides that sick feeling of being late- I was totally fully awake, not sleepy at all...because I got 9 hours of sleep instead of my usual six.
But I think it crashed because I'd been working 5am shifts like the last two weeks, and only getting about six hours of sleep, and then yesterday I had an 8 hour shift for the first time in forever...so my body just needed the extra three hours to recuperate.

But Kikay brought up an interesting point.
Where she wondered if that brief whirlwind moment together would be our last conversation as I rushed out the door because I was going to get into an accident because I was late....
but then thought...that since both of our alarms didn't go off,
and we woke up at the exact same time. -her she just woke up, me by phone call-
That maybe we Avoided something bad happening to the both of us this morning.
Maybe there was some bad guy outside the apartment that would have got us both had we been on time and so we were both saved by the simple fact that the Lord made it so our alarms didn't go off.

I don't know the full reasoning for the weird occurrence this morning.
But I'm grateful that Kikay and I both got through the day safely,
and that my managers were kind and understanding and that they were just worried for my safety because I'm never late for work.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Funnily enough....I was dreaming I was at work, working the craziness that was Black Friday......

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment