Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Fallout: Plane Crash

()_()
I'd seen plenty of commercials.
About a team of...I guess you can call them scientists,
Who plan, to purposely crash a plane.
To see what happens...during a crash.
So that things can become safer in the future from the data gained.

I kept spacing when the show was on, so I kept missing it.
Well...I saw it on tv.
It was already halfway over, but I figured that I could watch it anyway.
I tuned in...just in time to watch the flight into the crash.

Wow.
Just wow.

Watching a plane crash in 'real time' as it happens....
Is so intense.
And terrifying.
Even though there were no real people involved...
I could imagine what would be happening and how the people would be reacting,
had they been on.

But the saddest part....
was seeing the wreckage.
A majestic plane in pieces.
And more importantly, some of the seats torn away, thrown hundreds of feet...
and knowing...that those people wouldn't have survived had they been sitting there.

I kept changing my mind on where I wanted to sit...
and....came to the conclusion,
as stated by the people on the TV....
every crash is different.
In this crash the front of the plane was destroyed....
but in others shown at the beginning of the show....
the back of the plane got more damage,
the center of the plane got more damage....
Anywhere could be bad.
If.
IF
the plane crashes.
But more often then not...it doesn't.

I'm just glad I'm not planning on flying anywhere anytime soon.
As I would be extremely paranoid the whole flight
from what I saw on the Discovery show.
But with time and distance....
It will hopefully fade by the time I do get on a plane again.
So I can just stay my mostly relaxed self like before watching this show.

I am glad though, that the data gained from this flight crash can be used to help in the future.
For that, I am glad. :)
Otherwise I'm sad for the loss of a majestic plane. :(

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi




Random Note: I purposely reversed the name of the TV show. It's called Plane Crash: The Fallout, not The Fallout: Plane Crash

The Dream

We were part of a group of 'undesirables' and we were being rounded up, for being different. Yet, I was doing what I could to mask that I was an 'undesirable'  however it wasn't enough, Zuko my brother ended up getting caught and placed in an arena...that was unwinable...because you couldn't use your powers...oddly enough outside of the arena? Zuko used his fire abilities to propel himself out of the glass with the snakes and tentacly plants calling for my help. I used a...kinda frisbee disk/UFO looking thing with air abilities and sent it to Zuko, who landed on it. And then we were off trying to get our freedom....

when the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment