Sunday, November 4, 2012

Self Checkout Revelation

Have you ever had an irrational fear,
because you've never tried something out.
So therefore you think that 'it's not for me'
and therefore don't do it?

Yah.
That was me for a while.
With...
Self Checkout.
You know...the kind at the grocery store,
where you can scan your own items.
It seems like the lines for self checkout are always empty.
And I've often looked over that way and thought "just maybe....nah...this is 'safer'"

Well, the other day.
I was standing in the "Less then 20 items speedy checkout" line
Waiting for my turn with the cashier.
When this other lady...the one that stands in front of the self checkers
Tells me to come over this way.
So I follow her thinking she's going to lead me to a shorter line.
But she plops me down in front of the self checkout.
And shows me what to do.

I had this lightning bolt realization.
"Hey! I've done this before!"
Cus...well working at Starsmet, I've had to be cashier occasionally.
So I knew what to do.

And this. At the grocery store.
was EXACTLY the SAME.
Mindblowing I tell you. ;) lol
I ended up taking over for the lady and just checked out my own items.
Did all the keypad stuff.
And walla!
my food had been bought in less time then standing in line took!

Amazing.
I was in and out of the store faster then I thought I would be!
So since that point, I've gone to the self checkout.
And boy! It sure is fast compared to just standing in line.
I don't know if I'll ever go back.
Okay...so I will if I end up with more then 20 items....
or I buy fruit/veggies that don't have the bar codes on them.... heh.

Whoever thought of this self checkout thing was a genius. :D
Do you think it was a fellow Cashier?
After all, they must get frustrated to stand in line at other stores and think
"I can do this so much faster."
I've thought that a time or two....
Yah. Probably I fellow cashier came up with the concept. :) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment