Friday, November 30, 2012

When Risks Pay Off

Have you ever done anything where you thought you were going to get kicked out of a place?

I would have said I haven't.
But I have.
>.>
<.<


You know how you go to plays/performances/movies and they're like "Please turn off your cell phones." or "Please don't record this." ?

Yah....well to be technical...they didn't say to not record.... ^^;; heh.

You see a couple of weeks ago I went to a BYU Vocal Point Performance.

I would have gone anyway.
But this blog I follow....
You may remember since I've mentioned it before -Totally Missing the Point.
Well...the author's wanted to come,
but they couldn't as plane tickets were too expensive.
So they asked those who read their blog to see what they could do.
And I really wanted to help.

Sooo I bought a ticket.
As well as my Itouch.

And as the show started....hit record on a few songs.
Then posted them on Youtube.

Oh man...do you know how nerve wracking that was?
A ton.

I totally felt like the guys could see me sitting there recording their performances.
Keith in particular. I felt like he looked at me a couple of times.
And I just wanted to say. "Hey! I'm just doing this for T&C okay. :( Don't be angry. :( "
Heh...not that my videos are that great.
Y_Y;;; Having never done it before, I didn't know where to sit...
So I ended up having a person sitting in front of me, that was a bit taller....and so most of the view was cut off of the performances.
Which lead to the titles "Totally Missing the Show."
Because...I couldn't lift my hands higher to get a clearer view of the performance.
For one...that would be obvious to the people on stage -if they could see me.
And for two...it would be obvious to the people behind me...and the ushers if there were any would come and kick me out I'm positive. ;) lol.
So I kept my recorder at a lower position...and hence...the bad views.
I bet the people behind me wondered what was up anyway because I kept moving from left arm chair to right arm chair trying to get a clearer view.

Yah...I think I need to invest in a camcorder or something that can zoom....meh....nah.

In any case.
I posted the vids online, and let T&C know that I had gotten some video, and also gave them a bit of a run down on what happened at the concert as well.

Which lead to them doing this post.
-With my permission to quote me-
http://totallymissingthepoint.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/november-covey-concerts-round-up-or-the-one-where-the-all-star-blog-helpers-came-through-in-a-big-way/

HA!
It made the whole risk of being kicked out of the show worth it. ^^
I love to help out.
And I'm glad I was able to.
Though the other people's videos are way better then mine.
I'm glad I was able to input some commentary as well....
heh...I think I just sound like an excited fangirl.
Because...well I am. Vocal Point is really the only group I've gotten into, wanting all their CDs and such. The only other group I got into was back when N*Sync was popular lol.
While the others are a bit more analytical.
Oh well.  ^^;;
I loved the concert.
And maybe if there is a next time, and I have a better seat...
I'll be able to do a better...idk outline of their performances so that it's a bit more helpful.
Or maybe just write it in an entertaining way.
Yah...
I like this second option.
Write it in an entertaining fashion.
Like Geordi did.

In any case.
The concert was awesome!
My new favorite song of theirs is their version of "Call Me Maybe"

This first video shows the beginning of the song.
 
 
While this version comes in a little after the start, but shows what happens after they finish the song.
 


If you don't want to watch both...I suggest you watch the second one as it has clearer quality and I just love watching the guys reaction to the girl chasing Ben-Jon around the stage! :) lol.

Awesome vids both of them. ^^
Oh...and note...neither vid is one I took.
>.>
If you want an example of my quality of video. (Not that great) you can look at this one I took -same song.


:)
Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Black Friday.
The doors were opening.
I was getting the animals ready.
and this guy came up to me wanting to get our Parrot.
So I grabbed the bird, and put him in a wire cage, that was form fitting, and then into another box...kinda triangle shaped.
I felt...that something wasn't right with doing this to the bird...but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Then. me and my husband were trying to move something on a trolley something for the baby we were going to have soon...that wouldn't fit us and it in the elevator. so we managed to get it in and out of the elevator.
Then he told me to "wait here." in the elevator so he could finish doing something.
And the elevator..suddenly reminded me of the inside of a washing machine.
I sat down to wait...but...hours passed. Like 9 hours.
And I was trapped in the elevator, that slowly got hotter and hotter.
I couldn't get out!
but suddenly the doors opened and this other guy stood in the doorway.
He was rather cute. And kinda gave off the 'doctor vibe' even though he was about my age.
He said that we should hurry and get out.
I told him I would...but I had all these stuffed animals with me in the elevator that needed to come out as well.
So one at a time I tossed them over to him...
as the elevator opened up into a wide open area...that was kinda black with green grid stripes on it.
And it went down like six stories and went up like six stories.
I tossed my stuffed animals to the platform.
And got heart broken when a few fell through the grid lines and I needed to figure out how to get to them,
but I was taking too long apparently tossing the stuffed animals -lucky, a bear...some other favorites of mine.
As the boy suddenly said rather tensely. 'I have to go.'
He couldn't stay any longer, and he suddenly disappeared.
Reappearing on another floor...kinda like a cross between a mall and a hospital.
He was on the ground floor, by a railing overlooking a fountain.
he was kinda greenish in color.
Like a zombie...
but more like a ghost.
and he walked away out of my sight.
I looked at other floors...
and saw other ghosts walking around.
As darkness had fallen...
I guess it was like a curse was on them...the people at the store/mall/hospital became ghosts at night. Wandering around aimlessly.
And it turns out that the guy who helped me...
Was one of the...'terrors' of the hospital.
The 'devil' I suppose. You didn't want to cross him as he became rather evil...hence why he left me suddenly.
But...I wasn't totally safe in the elevator either.
As the stuffed animals....various looking dinosaurs, devils, evil teddy bears from Toy Story 3, and a doll that was cute...before dark...all had these demonized faces with sharp pointy teeth and they were going to attack me and I had no where to go.
But suddenly the lights went out.
And when they came back on, the Toy Story 3 teddy bear had been destroyed.
And I was told that the guy who helped me...had actually helped me again.
Which was unheard off since he didn't help anyone in his ghost form, so for him to still help me out was amazing.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D



No comments:

Post a Comment