Friday, January 11, 2013

A Flower Fascination

237 page views.
Wow guys.
Wow.
I never know what posts of mine will...I guess the word is "Get Popular."
Especially since this post of mine is nearly Two years old.

Yet for some reason, since the beginning of this year of 2013...
My post titled "The Last Yellow Rose" Posted on April 26, 2011
Has received 237 page views.
Considering this is the 11th day of January....
Wow. Wow. Wow!
Before that point...I'd gotten like 20 pageviews for the Last Yellow Rose.
lol. I was surprised like two..maybe three days ago when this post past my other post from the same year. Where on April 2, 2011 I did my first highlights of General Conference.
That post has 174 pageviews...and has been my highest post since nearly the first day it was posted.
So it's a big surprise that it's now in second place.

lol...I'm so curious as to why The Last Yellow Rose has suddenly gotten so popular.
I know the new year started....
So I wonder if Yellow Roses has anything to do with a new year. So I looked for meanings...as my only thoughts were that yellow meant friendship.

Here's what I found. :D

Source 1:
 Joy, Gladness, Friendship, Delight, Promise of a New Beginning, Welcome Back, Remember Me, Jealousy, "I care"

Source 2:
Yellow roses are beautifully scented and cheerful flowers, famous for symbolising friendship, joy, congratulations and get well wishes. Unlike pink, red and white roses that originate from Britain, the yellow versions derive from the Middle East and were only first noted in the 18th century. Since that time the flowers have cross bred and formed hybrids, creating stronger shades of yellow over time. Another side effect of this cross-fertilisation has been the beautiful scent that yellow roses are now synonymous with.

Yellow as a colour has, throughout history, been related to the sunlight and warmth. It has also become associated with cheerfulness and rejuvenation as these colours of flowers are seen to 'brighten the room. Roses as a species of flower are also symbolically linked to love,kindness and emotion. Thus, yellow roses represent a mixed combination of the two, as they are usually linked to ideas of cheerfulness, warmth and caring. In contrast to the exclusively romantic meanings attributed to pink and red roses, the yellow rose can be a symbol of platonic or familial love and sends a message of caring and affection towards the recipient. They are usually sent in a gesture of goodwill, and have also been given in acknowledgement of good fortune, happiness and congratulations.

If you know someone who is feeling down, unwell or you simply just want to brighten up someone's day, then yellow roses are the perfect choice; perhaps like no other flower, yellow roses are sure to put a smile on their face.


Source 3:
Represents joy, wisdom and power in Eastern cultures.

Source 4:
The bright, sunny color of yellow roses evokes a feeling of warmth and happiness. The warm feelings associated with the yellow rose are often akin to those shared with a true friend. As such, the yellow rose is an ideal symbol for joy and friendship.

.....Oops just got distracted lol...You see as I was searching for Yellow Rose meanings, I thought "What if I type 'The Last Yellow Rose' into Google, would this blog show up?"
To my surprise it did!
My blog post on the Last Yellow Rose showed up! It was like the 8th one down on my page.
Hmm...why would a person type in "The Last Yellow Rose" though? hmmm...

I guess my curiosity is going to remain unsatisfied for now. :)
Hopefully you found what you were looking for in that post!
(and this post too.)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was...at a fair with a group of other people.
We were...I guess you could say undercover, hiding out pretending to be something we weren't.
Well half of us went out to search for something.
While three or four others of us stayed in an old run down stable.
One of them was a young man...who I got the sense was trying to 'hold back the madness'. He stayed apart from us. Using the fallen down wooden window panes as a back rest. I went down to sit next to him....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-If you've read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series...this dream which was fitful because I had a headache that didn't allow restful sleep, focused around those characters in the story. I could put some to name -Nynaeve, Egwene, Perrin...but many of the people weren't recognizable. Usually when i have dreams like this it's because I've been obsessive over something...which I am, as I'm currently halfway through rereading the series. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment