Friday, January 4, 2013

When Plots Become Useful

Do you ever have one of those useless talents where you think you'll never have them used in a useful situation but you still have a knack for that talent?
 
Okay. So today I used one.
 
For you see....I have often had problems remembering the titles and authors of books I've read.
I admit, I've made the conscious effort to remember the names and titles nowadays.
But that hasn't always been the case.
No, usually I can remember plots way better then the title or author.
Which Does. Not. Help. At. All. When you're trying to refind that book in the library/bookstore.
Sometimes I have the cover of the book to help me...but most of the time I would only remember plots.
 
So funnily enough today.
I had just barely gotten home from work,
and checked my mail.
To see this Facebook Message from a friend I haven't spoken to in forever because we grew apart. :)
(We've known each other since Elementary School.)
 
The message read thus:
"Do you remember that trilogy that i borrowed from you in high school? Something reminded me of those books and I'm dying to reread them but i don't remember the titles or author.... help?"
 
Uh... O.o I read like a gazillion books in High School. lol And many of them were trilogies. So I responded thus:
"Haha I probably do remember the trilogy...but I did have alot of favorite trilogies back then.
Do you remember the general plot of the stories? That's how I remember most of the books I've read by plots instead of titles and authors.
But...the first two trilogies that come to mind are:
The Pit Dragon Trilogy by Jane Yolen
and The Joust series by Mercedes Lackey. It was a trilogy but became a four book series.
Both are about dragons.
Soo if those aren't it, I could probably figure it out from what you remember plotwise from the book. Just let me know.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment