Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What Grows In Winter?

You would think that nothing grows in winter right?

Well I've discovered something that does.

Potholes.

They've cropped up everywhere, like little weeds.

The roads have gotten way bumpy because of them. And it's scary to see it pop up suddenly on the interstate, where you can't avoid it and you hope it doesn't pop a tire or something.

It's probably all the snow, melting water, ice, and then more snow that we're getting this year.
Our state was kinda...deprived of the white stuff last winter, and I think that our roads have forgotten what actual snow is like. They must have short term memories as I haven't seen so many holes since a road was under construction.
A pot hole just grew today on the road leading to my place. The displaced piece of pavement still is trying to convince itself that no hole has appeared. I wonder when that piece will disappear and it will be just a hole.

I hope more don't grow though,
Otherwise it will be a major obstacle course by the time spring actually arrives and the orange construction cones of slowdum travel from the hidden valley to take over the roads again.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work, doing a bit of dog training with a bunch of other people and a black lab. We had a new employee, that kinda looked like he was dressed in snake skin...but as tattoos? He had a dog that wasn't really a dog...it wasn't quite a robot...but it was more lizard like. He had three bearded dragon pets as well that would follow him around. I saw him standing up by the cash registers as I was walking around through the grooming and dog training area...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment