Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Microscopically Painful

There are alot of things you expect to experience when eating a pop tart.
Sweetness.
Sugar.
Chocolate.
Creme.
Crumbs,
Frosting,
But.
Not. Pain.

That's what I got yesterday for breakfast.
A quick sharp jabbing pain on 20.
Kinda like a needle jab.
In and out. Gone.
But I was like.
O.o WHAT?!?!?
POP TART WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME?!?!!?!
It felt...kinda like what I think a toothache would feel like.
So I tested again, to make sure it wasn't just random.
Nothing with eating.
So I decided to floss to make sure nothing had gotten inbetween the teeth.
Nothing inbetween but the pressure of the floss on the teeth...hurt.
Checking closer, I saw that the area that hurt had a filling there.
>.> funnily enough....a filling that I'd just gotten a week ago.

So I was like.
Oh no.
I'm not waiting a single day to get this fixed.
I will not deal with pain.
So then and there I called up the dentist.
To see if they could fit me in.
Okay...so I was hoping for Friday. I was willing to wait for my day off.
Unfortunately they weren't open then.
Luckily they had a spot for today.
After my shift, and after my class.
So I went to the dentist.
Explained the situation.
He looked at the tooth.

"Well I don't see anything wrong with it. It seems tight in there, not wiggling or anything."
I mentally rolled my eyes.
Oh, there's nothing wrong with it? Huh, you must know my mouth better then I do, sorry for bothering you. ;) haha. Okay...kinda in a snippety mood because I've been fighting a headache all day.
Anyway. He continued with. "Let me just see...." and proceeded to floss and pick at the filling again, asking me to tell him when I felt pain.
So I did.
"Again...it seems firm in there...but if you can fill something...I'm just going to take off the top portion and redo it."
Which he proceeded to do...and I think the filling proceeded to break into two or three pieces from the comments he made.
When he took the tools out of my mouth I was like. "So it was loose?"
He confirmed it. Saying that it had been microscopically loose. Where he couldn't see anything, but I could feel it, and after he drilled at it, the filling did get loose. He was able to pull it out.

Fix it -after trying to numb that tooth...stubborn tooth it wouldn't go numb while the rest of that side was totally numbed out. 20. You're giving me trouble.
In any case.
It's all fixed and happy now. :)

lol took me a bit to figure out that all felt normal.

Have you ever noticed that with dentists?
They numb you all up. Mess around with your mouth.
And then ask. "Does that all feel normal?"
Uh...No. Half my face is still numb.
And that's not normal.
So no, it doesn't feel normal.
And since I can't feel half my mouth...I can't tell if the bite is normal or not.
lol.
It's so hard to tell. But now that the numbness is gone.
Yes. It actually is normal.

Phew. What a relief, because I didn't want to drive back up there again, as I don't want to spend so much gas in a week. :)

Plus as a bonus.
I found my pen!
lol.
Probably not a big deal,
until you know that I use this pen...on my laptop. As it's a touch screen. I have no idea what the laptop pen is called. And with this pen, I draw the comics for my other blog.
Which I figured out how to do again!
>.> I had to use google chrome in order to find that little 'find file' button. Which I did!
So my other blog is back in business!
Or so I thought, until I discovered that my pen was gone!
()_()
That was bad, as my apartment had just barely gotten a cleaning check.
So the apartment was CLEAN.
AND I hadn't seen the pen anywhere while cleaning.
:S
But, I still had one place to look.
My parents home, as that's the only other place my laptop has been recently.
And what do you know...the dentist was nearby.
So I stopped there, and found my pen!
Where was it?
Well as I was packing last time to return home, my laptop slipped between my bed and the wall.
I was in a big enough hurry that I just grabbed the laptop and left.
And what did I find when I went straight to that spot?
Yep. My pen. ^^
So proud of myself that I didn't have to search all over the house for it. ^^ lol.
The other blog is back in business! :) haha.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment