Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Taming the Beast

I'm fascinated by the animals in Starsmet.
And one...is fascinated by me.

You see most mornings I feed the animals....it depends on the duties of the day on what I end up feeding or not feeding.
Well...when I feed the Reptiles...
The bottom cage contains some water turtles.
I feed them these pellet things.
And until like a week ago...I thought that the turtles never ate them.
I was proven otherwise, watching some of them eat them.

But...there is this one turtle.
Where sometimes when I open the door.
He opens his eyes wide.
Super wide.
()_() Wide...but in the turtle way.
And with his little turtle smile -have you ever looked at their mouths when they're closed from the front? They totally have a smile. Kinda like :3 smile but more pointy and a bit more....idk...crazy?

It's a bit intimidating in any case.
Especially when this wide eyed smiling turtle swims towards me.
Stroke.
Stroke.
Stroke.
Crazy smiling turtle...coming towards me.
lol as silly as it sounds, it kinda scares me.
He stares at me like I'm his only hope of salvation.
Or I'm just a really bit something he wants to eat.

Most of the time I ignore this crazy turtle.
Feed them all quickly and move on.
But one time...
He came up to me.
()_()
Smiling.
And I was like...you know last time I did this he ate the food.
I guess that means he's hungry when he actually comes towards me.
So I dropped the pellets we feed them in front of him.
No reaction.

But he kept coming towards me.
On a spur of a moment thought,
I held one of the pellets in my hand in front of his mouth.

And he actually Stretch out his Neck and Took it From Me!
I hand fed the turtle!

lol it hasn't happened since.
But that one time thing. Oh it made me super happy for some reason.

;) I guess I felt like I'd tamed the 'evil dragon'
and found out he was just a softy wanting a bit of attention (and food).

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment