Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Other Starsmet

Okay.
That was weird.
Like weirdly weird.

What happened?
Well you see, over the weekend I went to my parents home. You know, variety of reasons, some already mentioned here on the blog. :)

But finally, I decided to satisfy my curiosity.
What curiosity was this?
You know I work at Starsmet.
But since staring work at my Starsmet....I haven't gone into any other Starsmet stores.
Most of the reason is that I don't live near any other Starsmets besides the one I work at.
And before this point I'd gone to the rival store, as it was closer to my parents home.

Recently however, a Starsmet opened a hop skip and four jumps away from my parents home.
I've been up there like six times since finding this out,
and I've yet to go there.
This visit, I decided that had to change.

I wanted to see this store.
Check out what other Starsmets looked like.

So I took my dog Pepper on this little adventure with me. :)
lol Needless to say she was really nervous.
Car rides usually involve a trip to the vet/animal care center for her to stay...or a vacation.
And until we stop, she has no idea where we're going.
This case it was neither.

-You see I took Pepper because I really wish I could bring her into my Starsmet...but I live too far. :(

The new surroundings took her by surprise. Yet I think she managed to calm down a bit.
lol.
Me...kinda not.
My mom had told me the place was small.
But...()_() man....this Starsmet was SMALL!

It felt claustrophobic to me. I think it was because the store felt like it was stuffed into a fourth of the space. It felt only a little bit bigger then a fourth of our store.
 I'm used to my Starsmet with a nice big store, and big isles.

lol I kinda compare to going from High School to College...but in reverse.
High School the corridors are narrower, while my first impression of college was that you could fit semi's side by side in the hallways. It was huge!
Everything was so close in this Starsmet.
It felt....tight. And messy.
Too much packed together in too small of a space.
It was small.

Even the animal department was small.
It was super nice as the fish tanks looked awesome with the neon blue color and black fit for some luxurious hotel or something. But small. All condense to the middle of the back wall. When I'm used to the area taking up like a quarter of our space.
I do admit it was nice to have the animals all right there in sight... 

But it just seemed too....close together.
And empty.

There weren't many people in the store, and I felt bad for the place.
Until today when I was at work and realized....it was pretty empty at our place too lol. It usually is in the mornings.
Still it definitely was a different experience.
One I might repeat in the future.
Probably without Pepper as she was a bit distracting.

Haha...idk...
I actually felt a bit like an intruder.
Walking on another's territory.
This wasn't MY Starsmet.
It was Theirs.

For you see we also have rivalries with other Starsmets as well.
Competitions and the like.

So I felt kinda like a spy.
Checking out this other Starsmet.
Scoping out the competition as you will.

I guess we'll see if I go back in the future. :) lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment