Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Morning Surprise

A Robo Escaped.
A bird escaped.
Another died.
Another bird was deemed aggressive...the cause of the bird death?
Who knows.

I certainly don't.
Not until I get into work, and sometimes not even then.
lol. I think I'd be totally clueless.
Except Reth has this binder, where we can write down anything we want to.
So we can leave messages for each other, so that people coming on a later shift, know if anything happened earlier in the shift. Or if you missed a couple of days you can check the binder to see if anything happened.

So, I came back from two days off in a row...
To the list I mentioned above was there.

I opened the binder to see "Found a robo in Iso Tank # 30 has ick."
O.o Huh?
We don't have an Iso Tank 30....
lol it took me asking a coworker to find out the message was supposed to read.
-Found a Robo in Iso.
-Tank #30 has ick.
heh, two different messages, but I read them as one because there was no little dash thingy to mark that the messages were different. I just read them as one. ^^;; lol.

Apparently it was an eventful couple of days.
We had a robo in Iso that went missing, and I think was reported dead, but then the next day a robo was found in Iso, and thought maybe to be a different Robo, but when I got in the next day and checked out the robo...it was the same one that had been reported missing (it was suffering from hairloss, I think from stress, and I saw the signs of it on this robo.) while a different small pet, a winter white....was no longer in ISO. :( Poor thing had a swollen arm. And...I guess it somehow died? In any case something was mislabeled and we're all just confused.
:( I'm wondering how the robo managed to escape.
I know that the first day I wasn't there...they tried to call me into work as another coworker got sick, but I couldn't come in due to being out of town....so other people not in my department opened up the area.
...I'm not sure if they opened up Iso...but...I wonder if they did, as it seems like the problems happened that day.
I do know that if the cages aren't closed tightly enough that the small pets are wily enough to squeeze out. which could explain how the robo escaped. Though not what happened to the poor Winter White....
I'll probably never know.
Yet I suspect that the bird that got out from the main floor might have happened that same day...lol I have no idea though. I just know what I know from the book and talking to a couple of people.

Anywho, that was a long tangent.
I actually wanted to just remark upon how interesting it is to work mornings.
As I have no idea what happens in the evenings. Like why I had all the birds out on the floor one day, and the next there's a finch in the back with AGGRESSIVE! written on it. O.o What's the story behind that?
Hence the surprise.
I come into work every morning and see different animals in the display cages, or animals missing, cages empty, things moved around.
lol it's almost ghostly. Even though I know there are other people in later shifts, I don't see what happens, so it could be paranormal for all I know.
Hence the entertainment. The suspense.
What am I going to find tomorrow?
All but one of the bearded dragons and one leopard gecko sold when there had been 5 of each two days previously?
Will there be a ton of dishes in the back to do?
Will I have more work or less work in bedding changes?

lol... and most importantly.
What will I find written in that binder?
Hopefully something,
because when nothing is written....I really have no idea what happened that day...and my curiosity doesn't like not being satisfied somehow. :) lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment