Saturday, January 26, 2013

Clear the Glass!

We had freezing rain here the other day.
I missed it mostly because I was at work during the really bad part where everything was covered in ice.
Yah...by the time I was done with my shift everything was basically melted water again.
No need to worry about slipping on the pavement....much.

Not so this morning.
Okay, not with freezing rain,
but something different.

I didn't realize it at first.
As last night LaKai had friends come over.
And I had heard some of them complaining about driving in the fog....
You know having it hard to see.....
I didn't really...connect it then.
As I've dealt with fog...but nothing bad in recent years.
So I thought it was typical exaggeration.

Well....It wasn't.
This morning, before the sun rose.
I walked out of my apartment.
To a thick hazy blanket of fog.

Thick. Like I literally stopped outside the door and stared at it.
I kept wanting to reach out my hand and 'clear the foggy glass.' to no avail.
It felt alot like the Twilight Zone.
With alien themed music in the background.
Do do de do do do de do.

Driving in it...was another matter entirely.
For one...my windows had frosted over.
But I was in a hurry so I only cleared what I needed to.
I wonder if that made the drive worse....
lol. I don't really think it mattered.
But I could literally not see more then five feet in front of my car.
Scary Scary.
Headlights would pop out of no where.
Though you could see them approaching like...ten feet away.
However, I was blessed in a way, as I turned onto the main main road leading up to my work,
A Semi had just driven past.
So I hightailed it over to his lane. -which was the lane I needed Yay!
And followed his nice tall red lights until I hit the stoplight that was my exit.
Yes. It felt good to see that Semi as I could see the lights clearly enough.
Which meant it was easier to stay in my lane.
As the lines on the road were...hazy...
And at that light, I hesitated, before turning, because these headlights appeared out no where from the opposite lane.
Yikes!
I hesitated again and then squealing my tires (not really) I turned and made it to work!
Where at the front doors I stopped to take this picture.

 
Aliens!!
lol.
Okay street lamps.
So weird! I can't even see the road! And it's like...right past that fourth row of white dots....
Weirdness!
I am sooo glad I live sooo close to work, because I don't know how well I would have done having to drive in this blanket of grey where thing just pop up out of no where.
:S
 
This has definitely been an interesting week so far weather wise. lol :)
 
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment