Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Unexpected Finds at Starsmet

You know, for working at a petstore....you would think that people would only go in there for pet related reasons right? Right....
But they don't.
Sometimes people come in for other reasons.

I had one person come in looking for charcoal...apparently it's used with cats...I don't remember the reason...maybe in some sort of litter? I don't remember, but they wanted to use it to burn it in order to get rid of the smell of incense. 

Another came in looking for bandages that stick to themselves. Originally it's used on animals with injuries because the bandages won't stick to the fur so it's not painful to take off. But a customer wanted to use it as a wrap for their child. Apparently this works too as one of my coworker uses it for the same reason.

But the most recent one was this.
A customer came into the store looking to buy a heat lamp and bulb -the kind used for reptiles.
Apparently their outdoor freezer has stopped working because it's too cold outside. Weird right? Too cold for a freezer to work. lol. In any case. They wanted to convince their freezer that it was actually inside instead of outside to make it work again. So they bought the heat lamp and bulb.

I'm sure there have been others, but those three come to mind as they've happened more recently.
:) It's interesting what can be taken from a petstore and used for other reasons. lol. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was...over at a neighbor's house. Leklim's home. I think I was helping to care for her boys. Or at least she was showing us her home. It was a four bedroom home with the walls all painted a pink shade...which I thought was a bit weird for the boy's bedrooms. But they weren't completely separate bedrooms, the walls only extended partially. We were settling her youngest down for a nap when Leklim realized that her son had a dirty diaper and needed to change it. It was then I noticed that the diaper...wasn't a normal diaper. It was...more of a bandanna...that was bluegreen in color. Wrapped around him and held together with pins. I looked at the situation in askance.I know Leklim was a good mother, but I didn't understand why she wasn't using the regular white diapers....I ended up getting distracted from the situation because I noticed my laptop. It was on the floor of my grandparent's upstairs room...the it had...cracked in half. The screen had. The screen portion had come off and cracked in half. It was heart wrenching to see as I'd been worrying about something like this happening earlier and how I was going to get one, and now...it looked like I would have to make do with this cracked computer until I could afford to buy a new one....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment