Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Different Gift

Do you ever get a response to something...
And you have no idea how to react to it?
 
I got that yesterday.
You see, the last remaining missionary I'm writing, wrote to me yesterday.
More than the typical 'newsletter' email.
 
She said:
 
"Oh man! Sarnic you are such a hard worker. I love that you are so honest with your time and your effort. You really exemplify that spiritual gift. I feel like I learn something new every time I read one of your letters."

Background: This is in response to me writing her, and giving her a little feedback on how crazy work has been recently. Mostly because I lost a couple of coworkers within a day of each other, and both of them happened to be in my department, which leaves us super short handed. Moreso with school starting up next week and schedules changing...it's basically left me as the only person who can work the morning shift. :S But I was trying to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing.

In any case.
I was left a bit nonplussed at her statement.
Spiritual gift?
Working hard can be a spiritual gift?

It's not something that I had considered before.
I'm just....like that.
If there is a job to get done, I want it done.
I can be a bit single minded about the whole thing really.
I prefer to get tasks done before I take a break for 'fun.'

It's been on my mind today.
That, and that she learns something new when she reads my letters.
I mean....I just talk about work, so it makes sense that she'll learn new info about pets and such.
But I halfway think she means something else as well.
Something on a more spiritual level that helps her in her own work on the mission.

*shrugs*
Who knows.
But it is food for thought. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment