Saturday, December 6, 2014

Standing in Line

I really need to work on what I bring to book signings.
I really do.
As half the time, by the time I reach the author I'm standing in line for...
I'm not feeling the greatest.

A lot of it is just....stress really.
The stress of being surrounded by many strangers.
The stress of having a heavy book bag on my shoulders for long periods of time.
The stress of wearing a coat indoors...heat. Never do well with heat.

Guess how many I experienced today?
Yah...
like all 3.

Note to self. I really need to work on what I bring to book signings.
Especially when I know I'll be standing in line for a couple of hours.

While there isn't much I can do about having a lot of people there.
There is other stuff that I can do that will make my time in line much more easier to bear.

For one, always wear short sleeves. No matter if it's a blizzard outside, leave the coat in the car. It will only become a nuisance when standing in line, either by getting too hot to wear, or by giving me one more thing that I would need to carry.
For two, wear comfortable shoes. Shoes where I can stand in line for hours without feeling the ache in my feet afterwards.
For three, stop bringing my purse in with me. Especially when I have it full of notebooks. That bag only gets heavier and heavier and harder to have on my shoulders as time passes.

Yes,
Next time,
I will be better prepared for a book signing line. :)

But still, I was able to have a fun time in this particular line as I had friends and family there and made new acquaintances as well. ^^

Oh, and meeting the author.
That's always a huge bonus. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment