Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Faces in the Dream

So while scrolling through my new favorite browsing site, UltraFacts, I came across this new interesting tidbit of information.
In which it states that:

"In our Dreams we only see faces that we already know. Our mind is not inventing faces, in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams."

I found this so intriguing.
Every person I see in my dreams....is a person I've seen before.
So a couple of nights when I dreamt about a creepy guy with a balding head and long reddish fringed hair down to his shoulders....I've seen him somewhere before.
The woman Lydia, I've also seen somewhere.

It's crazy to think really.
I mean, there are some people that just look...odd, in my dreams.
I'm not sure if this fact applies to bodies, or just to faces, but....
There are some strange looking people I've seen if it's true.

lol, but you know my first thought after reading this?
I was like "Then my Prince Charming exists!! I need to go track him down!"

lol.
I mean, I've had those dreams where I'm in a relationship with a handsome guy, or am married to someone amazing.

Perhaps when that sort of dream comes up, it's because I've seen someone recently that subconscious me thinks would be a good match.

Could our dreams be playing matchmaker with us?
Could our dreams be showing us the disasters of potential matches?
Could we have met our best friends, yet only in our dreams realize it?

It's so crazy to think about!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work, trying to close, I think, when I came across some kids doing a cookie test. Where they were asked, if they could only eat cookies for every meal what 3 would they pick?
The answers had typical "chocolate chip cookie" answers, but then there was one kid that said he wanted to eat 'gold' while miming eating something like a hamburger.
And another, also miming stuffing his face full and licking his fingers said "Peeeaaaaannnuutts."

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment