Wednesday, December 3, 2014

By The Numbers

I came into work today,
To find my manager trying to figure out how many of a certain type of hamster we had on hand.
Because the number he'd come up with, wasn't the number we were supposed to have in the store.

So I proceeded to try and figure out how many there were, while standing there next to him.
I was like: "So there are 9 in this area of the store, like..."I searched for a good number. "5 in that area of the store, and then 2 more in this other area of the store right?"

He added up my number count, comparing it to the one that he had written down,
and it turns out.

I was right on the money. The number of those types of hamsters that I thought we had on hand, were the number of hamsters we did have on hand.

lol.
My manager gave me this look that was something along the lines of. "I'm really impressed, but also frightened, and envious that you remembered all that." A good combination of all three.

Which, in retrospect, I guess is rather impressive to know how many of them we had in the store...when I'd only gotten there like 10 minutes before and hadn't looked into a single cage yet. (as the odds were good that some of them could have been sold while I wasn't in the store.)

Of course, I'm not always aware of how many animals there are.....though because of my fascination with the small furry creatures we carry in our store (having never had one as a pet growing up.) I tend to be more aware of how many were in a cage the last time I looked at them.

It also helped that I spent a good portion of my shift yesterday looking into those cages as I cleaned many of them. Trying to figure out how to make sure we had enough cages for all the animals we had on hand and would be getting in. Which meant...a bit of musical chairs.
Which resulted in me seeing a lot of the hamsters, playing with numbers and such.

But mostly....I'm obsessed with the little furry creatures. So I'm more aware of how they are doing and what their numbers are like in each cage than other places. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved me constantly thinking that I was late for work because I would 'sleep' past my alarm, only to wake and see that it was still really early in the morning, head back to sleep and dream that it was even later than the last time I looked at the clock.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment