Friday, December 12, 2014

Singing In A Mall

I wandered into the mall today, to grab a couple more gifts for friends and family.
And as I walked in, I heard singing.

There was a group of young children right in front of me, with a crowd gathered around them, singing Christmas songs.

And it brought back the memory.
Of the one time I sang in a mall for class.
I was older, jr. high age, from what I remember, in a choir class.

And we went down to a mall -I don't know if it's open anymore, I remember it was near where my mom worked.
Because she was able to come and listen to us sing for her lunch break.

I don't remember much beyond that.
That we were by fountains, on a stage,
that I didn't think we were easy to hear because of the water.

But, that I was singing for my mom was a thrill to me.
It was even better because I got to spend some time with her afterwards.
I don't remember going back to school, so it was either a thing after school, or close enough to the end of school that I didn't return to class.
But Mom and I had lunch, and I was able to hang out with her while she finished up her work day, we may have even visited a book store.

Good times. ^^
I'm glad that I was able to hear those children sing in the mall. It brought a bit of peace and joy into my life. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment