Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Scrapped

Working in a pet store comes with its hazards.
Broken nails, scrapes, scratches, dry skin....
One moment of inattention, and you're nursing a 'hurt' of one sort of the other.

Some are not a nuisance at all, in fact you don't even know where or when you got it. It just 'appears'

Others....way more annoying.

Take the one I got yesterday.
There I was,
working on cleaning out the bird cages,
and I was grabbing the pellets to play on the bottom of the cage.
My arm scrapped along the edge of the container.

Something that, really, shouldn't have irritated me for more than a couple of seconds until my mind got distracted again with the task at hand.

This one though....
Is remaining painful.
The scrap...almost feels like a rug burn.
It aches if I brush it.

And where I scrapped myself....
I end up brushing a lot of things.
I never realized how many surfaces the outside side of my arm about halfway between wrist and elbow, touches.
A lot of things, let me tell you.

Enough that I had to take to covering the scrape up with a band aid to give myself some relief from constantly bugging it. :S

I hope this particular skin scrape heals quickly,
As it's hard to do anything, like type on the computer, without accidentally brushing that spot.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment