Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Dash to the Dentist

Its rather typical.
That at work, when my shift is like a minute away from ending.
We get a rush of people into the store.
>.<
That delays me from leaving when I'm actually off.

Most days its not a problem.
I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere beyond home to my bed.

Not so the case yesterday.
You see.
I had an appointment to get to.
A Dentist Appointment.
Back in Home Town.
That was scheduled for an hour after I got off work.
Usually not a problem.
As it only takes like 40-45 minutes to get up there.

So getting off work.
I would have time to drop by home, change clothes, brush my teeth, etc before heading over to the dentist.

Only...
I didn't get off work on time.
>.<
I got hit with a rush of people exactly when I was supposed to get off and my other coworker coming on was delayed from coming to my rescue right away due to also being caught up with customers elsewhere in the store.
Seriously? Seriously! Guys. I need to go! Don't come in when I actually have to go somewhere! Let me leave! Stop asking me a hundred questions because I really really need to go!
Gah!

I got out of work 15 minutes late.
Y_Y
Can you say "AHHH!!"
Cus I can.

I had a 45ish minute drive to get to my appointment!
Basically I was either going to be right on time, or a bit late.
And with how things was going, I was leaning towards late.
Because they're doing construction on the freeway between here and there.
Which would mean slow downs, detours, heavy traffic...as this also was the beginningish of rush hour.

Which meant, no chance to get out of work clothes. >.< I had to rush straight to the dentist to get there on time.
It wasn't a simple matter either.
Another wrinkle to the journey was that the dentist had just recently moved to a new building.
One I'd never been to before. :S
So on top of possibly being late, I needed to find a building I'd never been to before. :S
Ah!!

So I drove like mad.
Weaving in and out of traffic.
And managed to get to the dentist!
Only a minute late! YES!

Of course...the building was rather confusing on which door was the actual entrance...
So I ended up accidentally going through the back door.
Oops.
But I made it to the receptionist alright and the dentist appointment itself went great!
lol
No cavities!! ^^

The hygienist was like "Wow, have you been doing something different this time around?" And I was like..."No?"
The only thing I could think of was that I'd been drinking more Dr. Pepper recently...but she probably wouldn't like hearing that lol. So I didn't mention it.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment