Sunday, August 16, 2015

Stress Relief

The past few months have been difficult for me.
Living in my apartment complex.
There was much I hated about the place. Much I did not like.
Much to not make me at ease with living here.

Thankfully, that feel is slowly but surely changing with the place.
First getting a roommate I could bond with,
Then being able to have friends join me too as roommates.

One thing that made it difficult to live here though,
Was having one of my coworkers living in the same complex as me.

Its the one particular coworker, where I can get an instant headache from being in their presence if I'm not prepared for them to come near.
It was hard enough being around them at work.
But to find out they'd moved into my complex!
Into my ward!
GAH!
I didn't want to be around them.
And now, now was the real possibility that they could come knocking on my door if they figured out which apartment I lived in.
It made it difficult to want to go to ward activities in case they were there.
It made it difficult to be outside on the balcony because I didn't want them to see me sitting there.
I didn't want them to know where I lived, especially when we had a slight falling out at work and I didn't know how much I could trust them now with how they spoke and acted about me.

It was a constant stressor to me.
Knowing that this coworker could come by at any time. (though they never did.)

But then.
This coworker ended up getting another job.
That made it so that they wouldn't be at the complex as often. Because they had three jobs now.
That new job made it so that my coworker could only work one day a week at my store.
The one day I usually don't work.

So. In a way it got much better.
Because I knew I wouldn't ever see them.

But finally.
The stress can be gone for good.
Because they moved out this week.
They're no longer living in my complex!

You don't know how happy and relieved this makes me.
Because now, I can go back to enjoying being outside.
I don't have to look over my shoulder to see if their car is in the lot.
Worry about them walking past my building.

They aren't there anymore.
And I'm so grateful for that.
I need less stress in my life.
I want to have this next year at this complex be much better than the terrible last year I had.
And hopefully with the main stressors gone from my life here now.
I can be a good year.

Guess we'll see!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment