Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Day In Review - August 4th

Friday, August 4th 2006

-My Daddoo drove back up to Wyoming today after spending a week back home for work to help us some more with Organizing Grandma Retrun's home, deciding which stuff of hers we wanted to take with us back home.

Saturday, August 4th 2007

-The Parents were gone to Colorado for a week to celebrate the Grandparent Dirchi's 50th Anniversary with all the Siblings. Us kids weren't invited. With Meralto at camp, it was just Kikay and I home alone to do whatever we wanted.

Monday, August 4th 2008

- I did the usual stuff today, mostly on the internet, trying to distract myself from the fact that my book didn't come today. I went down to the HS again and helped my friends Kailie and Dirk move computers and tables. I saw my old P.E. Teacher and My old Chemistry teacher there. I used to think teachers had a life during the summer, but I can see where the rumor started in Elementary School that teachers live at the school. I mean...it's summer. And they're there! (granted school starts at the end of the month.)

Tuesday, August 4th 2009

-Today I did the laundry thing and hung out about the house with Patches (dog we're watching.) following me all over the place unless I was outside with the kittens. I signed up for my Institute classes once Mom got home, and went to Bird World after the Insulation guys came by to get paid for their job. I got a Betta to take back with me to college. He was unique in the sense that compared to all the (He was a brownishyellow color. I called him Dobby -he died right after I saw HP7part1. Coincidence? I think not.)

Wednesday, August 4th 2010

-Got up this morning and gusseyed myself up to go meet Taycl at Keva Juice. Surprisingly he got there a couple of minutes before me and I was five minutes early. We bought our own drinks and sat outside the shop and talked for an hour and 15 minutes about everything and nothing. After coming back home, Kikay got a text from Taymil asking if we wanted dishes. So we went up there to check them out and ended up watching a movie that Taymil had made called "Zucchini" At 5pm the family went to Boondocks for Mother Dearests work party. We played laser tag which wasn't fun because there were no good hiding places. We then went to check out a 3d rollercoaster thing and played in the arcade before we went back home.

Thursday, August 4th 2011

-I woke up today with the intention of signing up for Pottermore but it took me til 11 to find the clue that would allow me early access to Pottermore. Good news. I got in!! woot! I couldn't do much on the site because I had a meeting with one of my teachers at 11:30. but I got there on time. :) We talked for 5 minutes, he and another teacher have two ideas for internships I can do. One was to help out a person in the library, the other was to interpret for a guy training to be an Olympic athlete. The details are still fuzzy but we should know for sure in a couple of days which one I'll be doing. I went to the institute and met a nice girl named Amanda. I also learned how to reprogram the electronic board today there. That was fun. I came home and finished a comic I was working on for a friend.

Saturday, August 4th 2012

-Hung out most of the day, did dishes at the apartment and discovered that Kah had left a cooking pot full of spaghetti in the sink that was moist since water runs into the sink a lot. It was smelly and disgusting. Tiff and family showed up to pack up her stuff as she has to be out by Wednesday. Kikay and I briefly went to the Neffies around 10pm because they got a new kitten. So cute!

Sunday, August 4th 2013

-I had work in the morning today, which is pretty difficult on a fast Sunday, but I managed it. I got all the major opening done before I left to go to sacrament meeting as it wasn't that busy in the morning. For sacrament I chose to go to Kikay's ward as their time had switched to a time I could run over and back during my lunch break without too much travel time. I also wanted to see if they would put in a new Bishop since the other one had passed away last week. While the Stake Presidency was there for support, they didn't call a new bishop there. It makes sense. With it so recent. There wasn't a dry eye in the room for that Fast and Testimony meeting. :( I really didn't want to go back to work afterwards, but I did. It was slightly busy then but not bad. I got bit by another Short Haired Syrian today. >.< I think I startled him so he reacted out of fear. After work I dropped by Kikay's apt (as it was closer to work.) to rest before going to the Viewing of Bishop C. It was so weird....seeing his body. Seeing him so still. It was him...but wasn't him. The spirit had left. After Kikay, Tiff, Kah and I met back up at Kikay's to have a Thanksgiving Dinner. I made crescent rolls. We hung out til nearly 10pm and when I got home I ended up falling asleep on the couch for a couple of hours before moving to my own bed.

Monday, August 4th 2014

-Work itself went alright this morning. I came in at 8 and had to do the fish count because Sirch had the day off. That put us behind in opening the department by half an hour or so as it took me like 45 minutes to count the fish. Special coworker was in charge of bird bedding this morning and I figured out part of the reason why they take a long time at that task. They actually catches the birds and puts them in a temporary cage to clean the cages! That's not necessary. You just work around the birds, but they find it easier to clean without all the feathers and dust being kicked up. (True, but such a time waster.) They managed to done with cleaning the cages by 9, but still had to put all the branches and food/water back. I ended up doing most of the opening while coworker barely helped out it seemed like. "Busy with customers." They said. Basically the whole situation gave me a headache I couldn't get rid of. Before I could go home from work, I had to take a side trip to the store to buy food. Once I got home and stuffed the perishable food into the fridge, I crashed on my bed for 2 hours and woke up feeling much better.

Tuesday, August 4th 2015

-It was my day off work today. It was supposed to be a day of rest, but I woke up to a text from my Awesome roommate saying that our new roommate's car had been booted. She'd forgotten to put the sticker in the car and so the tow truck had booted her. I left to get food, first a Sausage Crunchwrap from Taco Bell, before buying food from the store. Came home to try and relax on my laptop....only....my laptop wouldn't work. Turns out...the Hard Drive had crashed. >.< Again. I talked to a couple of people, took it to a couple of places and....its gone. Hard Drive. Gone. To get my computer fixed I have to get it sent out for 2 weeks for an unknown cost because they wouldn't quote me a cost in the store until they got it at their shop. After taking it to an Uncle to see what he had to say...I basically came to the decision that it would just be better to get a new laptop. considering my laptop that just crashed had already crashed once before in the nearly three years I've had it...might as well get a new one....Ugh. So. Frustrated. It worked fine this morning!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment