Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Another One Bites The Dust

Its frustrating how quickly things can go wrong.
Seriously.
In the space of a couple of hours, things can go from good....to bad.
Unexpectedly.

>.<

I'd gotten on my laptop briefly Tuesday Morning.
It had been working fine.
I got off rather quickly though, because my roommate's car had been booted,
and I didn't want to be around the potential emotional storm that that would cause.
 
So I left rather quickly.
To go food shopping.

And when I came back.
The storm had passed.
So I wanted to relax.
By getting on my laptop.
So I turned it on.
And it froze on the first prescreen before you get into the main desktop area.
So I turned it off.
Turned it back on again.
Got to the desktop before it froze.
Turned it back off and on again.
Got to the password screen.
It froze.
Off On
off on
off on
Again and again.
Until I got a message I did not want to see.
"Hard Drive Not Found."

But disappeared it had.
>.< And the only way to get it fix.
Is to have it sent out to a fix it place.
Where I won't know how much it costs me to fix it until they see it. But probably over $100 plus shipping fees. And if they can fix it for that price....it would be gone for 2 weeks. :( Also not good.

So I talked to a few other people, trying to see if there was anyway to just buy a new hard drive.
but no. It has to be sent out as its not a simple hard drive to fix. >.< Boo.

And so....I made the decision.
That I would just have to look for a new laptop.
As the one that lost its Hard Drive....had already had a hard drive crash on it once before like a month or so after I got it.
Which means in the nearly 3 years that I've had it....it's had the hard drive crash twice.
Not a computer I want to spend money on.
Who knows what would break next.

So now I'm looking for a new laptop.

I'm not totally left void of the internet though.
As you see....
I bought a little tablet laptop a few months ago.
(Which I'm using currently.)
With the intention to use it for my writings.
But the thing is small.
And the mouse pad is in the most annoying spot ever and is so sensitive that if my  palm brushes it at the wrong moment suddenly I'm typing four lines above where I was typing before.
So.
Annoying.
Definitely need a bigger laptop, where that isn't a problem.
As my hand is cramping from having to hold it in an awkward position so my hand doesn't brush that sensitive mouse.

In any case.
This.
This is why I have had Trust Issues.
Because the last few laptops I've gotten.
This is the exact reason why I've had to get a replacement.
Because the hard drive crashes.
I lose everything.
The first time was devastating.
I lost a lot of things.
The two laptops after that.
Not so much.
Because I have trouble trusting them.
For good reason.
Because about the point where I do decide that I can start storing pictures, and documents on the laptop itself
IT GOES AND LOSES THE HARD DRIVE!
Gah!
Do you know how many times I've had to reinstall ITunes because of this?
Like 12!
I feel like I hardly get through listening all the songs in my library before, surprise! Its gone and I have to reinstall and redownload everything >.< Ugggghhh!!

This time around I didn't lose much.
ITunes.
A few notes on stories I was currently working on.
Nothing that is a crisis if I can't have it.

but Still.
Its frustrating.
Can I just once get a laptop that doesn't crash on me?
Please?
I want the good old laptops that are made to last!
Not the ones that crash after a couple of years. >.<
So.
Frustrating.

So here I go.
Laptop hunting again.
Trying to find one with the needs I need to have (like a touch screen)
Within my price range.
So difficult.
I may have to wait for sales to happen...
Dunno if I can manage that long though....
We'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment