Friday, August 28, 2015

At the Antique Shop

I got home from work today to find that my roommate Ziz had gone out,
Which was surprising considering that she works Graveyards.
I would have expected her to still be sleeping when I got home from work.

But she wasn't. O.o
Surprising.
But she'd gone out to check out the Antique Stores.

And then she came by, to pick me up.
To check out another Antique Store.
Ziz, Yarot, and I went to one more Antique Store.
That was in an old house.
Which is always weird.
To have old things in old houses that someone used to live in.
You have to wonder what the rooms used to be used for.
Was this a dining room?
Was this a bedroom?
That was obviously a kitchen.

But now.
Its just rooms upon rooms full of stuff.
Furniture piled with old things.
Lots and lots of old things.

With lots of old stories, lots of memories, lots of things that people used to own.

So weird, to see what has ended up in antique shops.
What was left behind.
What has yet to discover a new home.

And the three of us ventured into this old treasure trove.
Seeking to explore,
But not buy.

Yet buy I did.
For I discovered a cool golden necklace with white crystals in it.
Didn't cost much
$10 to be exact.

But it was pretty.
Very Egyptian looking.
And for the past couple of days I've been in an Egyptian frame of mind.

So I bought it. ^^
Yay!
It's mine!

But now, I'm so curious about the necklace's past.
Who owned it before?
What places has it been to?
What has it seen?

I'll never know.

But at least I have a new necklace. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment