Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Day in Review -August 12th

Thursday, August 12th 2004

-Today is the second day of girl's camp. We woke up around 8am had breakfast and went on a hike afterwards. The hike was rather dusty though very beautiful. We saw lots of flowers and plants and water. We also saw a snake too! After that I went wading in the river and AshL finally found her other shoe that she lost earlier in the water. Then we had lunch. Then we made beeswax candles and later lashed together a shower for one of our leaders Melanie. After that I made a fire without using matches because I had to pass it off for my 3rd year level of girl's camp. We had dinner of hotdogs and read a story about the Nauvoo Temple, and had Smores for dessert. We told more stories and now...its time for bed.

 Friday, August 12th 2005

-We went to Rockport for a weekend up by the lake. Our trailer breaks weren't working that well, but our neighbor was able to fix them and we arrived there safely. ^^

Tuesday, August 12th 2008

-Wow. I must say Alaska is amazing even though its cloudy and foggy and rainy outside. Alaska has a somewhat mystical "Twilight" ish appeal. As we cruised up the pool/mirror like water I totally got hyper from watching the mountain/islands covered in fog pass by. So. Cool@@ Alaska also is another time zone behind, so compared to home, we are 2 hours behind. So this cruise is definitely messing with my inner clock. It's going to be hard to get off and on schedule when I get back. Today we arrived in the capital of Alaska, Juneau for the day. My family and I went whale watching. We took a boat tour out to watch the humpback whales. It was awesome seeing them bubble netting! (where they pop out of the water with their mouths open to get the food they wanted.) and to see their tails as well. The whole adventure made me grin and I enjoyed it thoroughly. We also saw a sea lion out by the whales and a few bald eagles. After the whale trip we went shopping and I bought gifts for friends and got a couple of free gifts from the stores. After that point my siblings got a bit moody, like teenagers randomly do. *sighs* It makes it hard to keep the whole trip enjoyable. Sometimes I think I'm the only 'normal' one out of my siblings. lol. We had dinner together and then went to see a comedian -though mom didn't join with us.- he was alright.

Wednesday, August 12th 2009

-Woke up to Kikay taking like a half hour shower, and once she was finally done I took a shower myself. Then I went out to visit the kittens, and hung out on the computer playing Gaiaonline and listening/watching House. Later Kikay and I went and visited Weezie since her mom is ill and we brought her cookies to cheer her up. Did laundry and worked on packing up my room a little (to move back down to college.) I made dinner for the family -tortellini w/ alfredo sauce.

Thursday, August 12th 2010

-Kikay and I woke up this morning to head out on our horse back excursion. (Cruise in Hawaii.) I had a little trouble getting off the boat...the guy there didn't think I was old enough to get off without a parent lol. Its because I have a young looking face. lol Kikay saved me by saying I was TWENTY to the guy and then I got through. We took the scenic route to horseback riding in the Van Limo on the Kuaui island. The ride itself was okay, we didn't go faster than a snail's pace. But we did get to see the an area that was used to film Indiana Jones where Indy jumps off the cliff into the ocean. And we also saw a cave where Pirates of the Caribbean 4 just finished wrapping up filming there a couple of weeks ago. Ended up pretty sore from that ride. Ow. We went to the jewelry store on ship and Mom bought a sapphire seahorse. We then went "pearl diving" where we picked out a clam that had a pearl in it and opened it to see what pearl we got. I got a white one. :) Came back to the cabin to find Meralto crashed out on his bed. We relaxed until dinner time before heading out to a Luau. I thought the food there was rather bland...not tasty at all. And they had a purple roll. Yes Purple. ()_() Because the flour they use here is purple. O.o Weird. The dinner was boring, but the show afterwards was pretty cool, I liked watching all the dancers. We also finally got our flower lei's! When we got off the bus the girls got flower leis and the guys got seashell ones.

Friday, August 12th 2011

-Today I took it easy so that my headache I got the night before wouldn't come back. But around lunch time I headed to the school library to talk to my ASL teacher TY because DB told me that he had my internship information ready. I'm going to be working in the library with a deaf person 3-4 days a week at varying hours, interpreting if they need me to. It actually works pretty well, though I won't be able to join with them every time they're scheduled to work because of my own school schedule. I dropped by the Institute afterwards to get the low down from Brother S on what will happen for the next couple of weeks while he's on vacation. I came home and relaxed and drew a little while listening to Storage Wars while Kikay was fencing. The Neffies invited me to come over and I did and we had fishsticks for dinner and watched some of Hogan's Heroes as well as met their dogs. (first time going over as at this point they were more Kikay's friends than mine.) We even were invited to participate in their family prayer though we had trouble not laughing through it lol. it was a fun evening and I'm glad I was able to come over and have some fun.

Sunday, August 12th 2012

-Today was the last day of the Olympics in London. :( I'm rather sad as I enjoyed watching the competitions. :( Church went well today. I gave the opening prayer in sacrament meeting and Brother Conde was released as the second counselor in our ward today. :( That was sad. Went to the Neffies after church that got out 15 minutes late as nobody really had a clock in the room. I played with the Neffies' cat before having dinner and heading back to go to ward prayer and watched the closing ceremonies to the Olympics.

Monday, August 12th 2013

-I spent the day reading Alta and Sanctuary by Mercedes Lackey with a brief breakaway to go clothes shopping with Kikay and the Neffie girls. :D

Tuesday, August 12th 2014

-I didn't sleep well at all last night. At least not for long. I don't think I got more than two or three hours in a row before randomly waking up. I just didn't feel...right. Not sure if there was a bad aura in the apartment or if the death of Robin Williams has me shaken up a bit more than I realized....or if I was stressing over packing and cleaning my apt or if I went to bed too early compared to how late I've been staying up the last couple of weeks...or a combination of any of it...I got a little freaked out as well because I came out of my room in the middle of the night and the TV was on. :S That was freaky because I'm the only one home and I'm nearly positive that I turned it off before going to bed...maybe I turned it on again by accident? idk. In any case it didn't help release the odd feeling. I was halfway glad to be woken up by my alarm and annoyed as I wanted more sleep. Work itself showed how tired I was. I was grabbing keys from the office using the manager keys...and for the first time left the manager keys in the office because I couldn't remember why I had them in my hand. :S That's how tired I was....and locking them in that room was, well, bad. As there were no other keys available and the next manager wasn't scheduled to come in until the store opened and we needed to access that office to be able to open up the registers.... Soo we ended up having to call in Sirch to come in and open the door for us. :( Poor him on getting woken up early...especially on his day off. I cleaned out the cat cages and did the cleaning for the hamster cages as well. While K opened up the rest of the department, she got on my nerves a bit with constant questions about what to do in differing situations. But this gave me an insight on how I may be doing the same thing to Sirch... :S Note to self. Avoid that. I was super glad to finally get on my break and have a couple of moments to myself. To my surprise, Kikay, Mirleki and Fluffy had all texted me at the same time. O.o Mirleki's was a simple "morning!" while Kikay and Fluffy's were words of encouragement. Words that until reading them, I hadn't realized I needed. Which left me in tears for a little bit as emotions I'd been suppressing bubbled up to the surface. Definitely a blessing. :) The rest of work went well enough. I did a lot of stocking to help out with the trucks that haven't been touched since yesterday. I came home and did a bit more packing before going to Institute and coming back home to relax.

Wednesday, August 12th 2015

-I was startled awake this morning by the sound of my phone getting a text. It was just my roommate letting me know she was leaving to get breakfast, but my first wild thought was that I'd over slept for work. (which I hadn't.) or that something had gone horribly wrong with someone. Thankfully, it was neither. At work, I had my second opener do the cage cleaning.... and she took FIVE hours to do it!! ()_() I have no idea what took her so long to do it. It's only a three hour job.... but it took her her entire shift to do the task...which left me to try and open everything else while also doing a head count on all our animals to make sure that our inventory was accurate. I managed to get to everything...except scrubbing tanks. As by the time I got to that point I got hit with an hour and a half long rush of people that made it difficult to finish feeding fish, and then I had a couple of our New coworkers in about that point as well to do some shadowing....so...tank scrubbing didn't happen....thankfully they were already pretty clean, and hopefully Blue-A got to them.... We'll see. I came home and took a couple hour nap...and hung out for the rest of the evening venturing out long enough to go to Zupas to grab soup just to head off any potential illnesses as people all around me are getting ill. Sirch asked me to come into work tomorrow on my day off because he doesn't feel like he'll be able to come in due to being sick. But...I realized, just barely...that I totally spaced going to my Institute class tonight!! O.o That's like....a first. Its so weird, it was the last class of the semester...and I didn't go. :S I guess there was probably a reason why it didn't come to my mind, that I needed to miss something....but I'll probably never know. :( oh well.... I was able to have a good evening with my roommate and her fiancé watching Home instead. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment