Friday, August 21, 2015

A Day in Review -August 21st

Saturday, August 21st 2004

-My parents went up to visit my Grandma Retrun today to give her some fruit. Us kids got to stay home. Yes! We're only down to one baby snake now though. :( Because all the others died. Y_Y One of the adult snakes died too so we're only down to two when we had like 12. Two adults and 10 baby snakes.

Monday, August 21st 2006

-We went camping at Rockport for the weekend. Swimming, riding, reading and other things. It was very relaxing.

Thursday, August 21st 2008

-Still sick but feeling slightly better today. Ran Kikay and Meralto around most of the morning. To grandma's so Meralot could mow the lawn, the library, the book store, High School, and Arctic Circle before coming home and spending the rest of the day relaxing. *sighs* I have to start packing tomorrow...so I can move down to College Town on Saturday. I'm not looking forward to that. But Good news I saw 2 of Dove's kittens today and even managed to pet one. Ty, Mezee, Dove, and Jag seem no worse off after we were gone 12 days and all of them still let me pet them which made me glad though I won't get to see them once I move down.... :(

Friday, August 21st 2009

-My poor laptop is slowly going blind. If kept on too long now, the screen starts to show lines so I have to make each visit brief. :( I feel so bad for my laptop. Its been with me since Jr. High I think but at least 4 years. Its seen me at my best and worse. Now its painful to see my faithful laptop fall apart. I wish I could just get a new piece so it will be as good as new, but sadly I can't. But it makes me wonder about what will happen to my laptop. I can't bear to see it tossed in the trash like an unloved thing or taken to the D.I. for who knows who will destroy it...yet it can't stay in the house in some forgotten corner gathering dust either...just thinking about never using the laptop again brings tears to my eyes. I've had it for so long...through thick and thin. My first laptop. *sniff*. I try not to think about it, but its just so sad heading off to my second year of college without it. It just seems wrong! But...I've gotten myself a new laptop. Finally after a week of searching and not finding results, mom was getting frustrated.(I'm extra super picky with laptop looks. Like I am right now, continuing to be picky trying to find a new laptop again...) My new laptop is also an HP laptop though this one is a cool touchscreen! Comparing my old laptop to the new...you can tell my old laptop is old. No touchscreen, webcam, microphone, touchpad, etc. Yet I like the older version more even though the touch screen will be fun! At least I don't have to deal with sales people for a while now. I really don't like dealing with them. They make me feel so guilty because they spend so much time talking to you that its kinda heart wrenching to not buy something after all.

Saturday, August 21st 2010

-Kikay and I moved down to college today. The whole family had to pitch in to help move everything down. Total Kikay and I had 26 boxes. (I had like 30 by myself the last time I moved....) So we ended up needing all three cars to move down. After we moved the boxes into our apartment we went out to Sizzler for lunch before coming back and saying our goodbyes. Kikay and I spent the rest of the day unpacking except we ventured down to Walmart to buy food. Sadly our roommate from last year is still our roommate....but her friend Tass is also here and she seems like she'll be a lot of fun. :)

Sunday, August 21st 2011

- Kikay and Kels finally met this morning for the first time. It went rather well I think... We all went to church. Brother Boz made it seem like he was going to call some people out of the Audience to speak. Thankfully that didn't happen. :) After Church Kikay brought the Neffies over to make cookies for a fencing friend. Then they invited us over to dinner. Ham and potatoes. Afterwards we played Werewolf (like Mafia) with the family. It was actually pretty fun. I had a good time with them though I felt a bit awkward as they're more of Kikay's friends than mine (at this point.)

Tuesday, August 21st 2012

-I actually slept pretty restfully through the night. I wasn't tossing and turning like I had been for the past week. It felt good to just sleep peacefully. I think it helped that I'd gotten a father's blessing the day before.
Today compared to the last couple of days. I was really lazy just messing around on my computer, playing games on my ipod and watching TV. I actually miss doing work. I wanted to go out and do work, lol now if only I would get hired by someone. So I could work. >.< Grr job stuff grr. (Within a week or so I was called in for an interview. ^^ And got the job!) In other news I'm a bit worried now for tomorrow's fencing party as one of my council members posted that she is opening her mission call at the exact time my party starts. :( I had invited mostly council people to the party...and now I'm worried that once again I'll be playing second fiddle. (I had 8 people show up. ^^ Which was more than I was expecting, and it made me happy.) It seems to me that first plans should remain 'first plans' no matter what happens. But others don't see it that way. >.< I've tried many things to get more people to come. Different times days prices (to fencing) but other things 'come up.' And then...I end up getting left out in the cold with no one coming. I'm so tired of people saying " I want to come" but when I try to plan it so that they can...they end up backing out for other reasons....

Wednesday, August 21st 2013

-Spent the morning blog writing and the evening at work. Not much happened work wise out of the ordinary but now I have to head straight to bed for work in the morning.

Thursday, August 21st 2014

-I got to sleep in this morning, which was rather nice though I was woken up at 10 am by the carpet cleaners entering the apt to clean the carpets. Hopefully the dog smell disappears permanently. Work itself was one of those days where I wished I could have headed out early. My coworker -who had trouble yesterday and couldn't get to work and didn't think to Google our Store number so that he could call us and tell us that he wasn't coming in--was in a belligerent mood today, which caused me to snap at him a bit. Mean words, but he kept arguing with me when things were crazy and hadn't been done and I wasn't in the mood. He'd refused to help with the bedding changes, argued over snake bedding, really he'd talked back to me on most everything I had told him to do! I was so glad for him to leave. Though a rush at the end of his shift prevented me from taking a 15 minute break and so I didn't get a chance to sit down until nearly 6pm. Like 5 hours into my shift. For some reason only 3 of us were schedules in the store for two hours. Not usually a bad thing...unless I want to sit down. Thankfully I had a ton to do, finishing bedding changes feeding the animals, receiving some POs and other things along with helping customers. Twas busy and exhausting. I was glad to sit down. At least it slowed down towards he end so that I could leave on time.

Friday, August 21st 2015

-With work this morning I managed to open the department before our Fish Shipment arrived/the store opened. It was made a lot easier because we didn't have any cats in the cat area to clean up -though Sirch did come in to deep clean out the kennels for a few hours. Work itself was slow, with everyone heading back to school, less customers come in during the day which gave me time to work on facing the department, making sure products were placed in the right places and such. After work I came home and took a brief nap, waking up to my fourth roommate moving in. ^^ One of my friends from Jr. High. So exciting! But she disappeared back home for the night. I ended up going Laser Tagging with some other friends which was a ton of fun! ^^ I ended up getting first place in the second round! I drove up to the parents house afterwards and spent the evening getting my cable tv fix. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment