Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The American PastTime

I've always said that Baseball is my favorite sport.
Not to watch on TV.
But to see in person.
I don't know why/how/when I decided this.
But decided this I did.
Baseball is the sport to watch if you want to see something in person.
I think it may be because I like the idea of running around in a circle more than running back and forth on a field.
I suppose it seems more productive to me that way.

The only thing is...
I don't go to baseball games either.
I'm not really a sports watching person beyond the occasional Nascar Race and the SuperBowl.

But last night,
I went to a Baseball game.
Why?
Because it was for FHE. Apparently one of the bishopric's brother's was sponsoring that night's game and had a ton of free tickets that he kindly offered to his brother -who is in our ward, extending the invitation to our ward to come see it.

And I was like.
Hey.
Its baseball.
Its something different.
I randomly kinda really want to go!
So I went.
Though the weather almost convinced me not to.
As we had one of those micro storms come through.
Where it rained pretty hard for like 5 minutes, blasted wind for another 10 before disappearing.

I figured the weather would change quickly.
So I went.
I mean.
Free tickets to a baseball game!
I wanted to go.
I haven't gone to one in years, not since my Mom's work stopped having their work parties at Baseball games.

It was kinda silly because when I tried to park at the event. There were guys standing there, and I rolled down my window, and they asked if I was going to the game and I was like "Yes." and they were like "okay $5." And I was like O.o Uh. no.
I wasn't going to pay to go to the baseball game!
Especially when it was at the College.
Especially since I had a parking pass that would allow me to park for FREE, and it was only slightly longer of a walk there.
So that's what I did.

In any case.
I went to the baseball game!
It was cool!
I mean, it was a minor leagues game apparently.
Which meant the stands weren't too full.
But that's what made it awesome!
Because the stands were rather quiet. :D
Which I love!
All other sporting events are like NOISE NOISE NOISE NOISE people screaming, people yelling, people blowing into noise makers.
But here.
It was hardly that at all.
Which was great!
I loved it!
It helped me to focus in on the players, admire their ability to slide to the plates without faceplanting, admire the players getting more and more dusty. See the balls fly, actually feel excitement as we got run after run after run. ^^ It was great!
No wonder I say that I like watching Baseball.
Because really.
I do.
I like it.
A lot.
might even be slightly obsessing over it right now because it was such a good experience for me. :D
I may have to figure out how to get to more of those games. :D
Because Baseball...truly is fun to watch in person. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment