Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Day in Review -August 25th

Wednesday, August 25th 2004

-Today is the first day of school ahhhh!! I'm not ready yet. Oh well...I hope its okay
..... Well I got through my first day of school. It was ..... interesting. I found out which of my friends ar ein my classes. I got to meet new teachers and find out what my homework is like. So far I think I'm going to like Drama, then Geography, Math then Seminary then Woodshop, Earth Systems and last English. Some interesting things I learned today. My drama class has 5 or 6 boy sin it and my woodshop class has 4 girls in it. (interesting how different the numbers are depending on which class you take.) Then in Seminary the boys have to open the doors for the girls and if they don't they have to make cookies and give them to the girls. I thought that was cool. :D

Monday, August 25th 2008

-Today I stayed in my room of solitude playing hermit. My roommates were gone basically all day-though did meet Hailie. She seems like a nice girl. Into pink. I spent most of the day unpacking, reading and being homesick. Managed to make myself some lunch and near sunset I went on a walk around the building because I was going crazy being stuck in an empty building. All my roommates have friends and family to hang out with.. tomorrow I get orientated. (at school I think.) Whooppeee. Hopefully I'll have more interaction tomorrow.

Tuesday, August 25th 2009

-I finally met my other two roommates today. Sara rubbed me wrong for some reason though I can't decide if it was just because she got home from practice. Maybe it was because she wouldn't be in charge of bills so I took the initiative and called up the power and gas companies and put them under my name. The other roommate is named Kendra, and out of all my new roomies I think I like her the best. (It was such a miserable year that year. Very comparable to what I just experienced this last year at my current place. Roomies always gone, no one to talk to. It sucked.) I can chat to Kendra easier than the other two. I also went down to the school to get the rest of my books, buy a new bus pass, and find all my classes. Though its not as bad as last year, I still have to walk halfway across campus twice in a day. Oh well. Hopefully all my classes will go well tomorrow. I came home and hung out working on organizing my room and such. I got everything I wanted up on the walls, otherwise my room is still disorganized even if I got rid of all the boxes. I'm going to try and head to bed earlier tonight so I can get enough sleep and be awake for tomorrow. So...Good night.

Wednesday, August 25th 2010

-Today was my first day of school. I twas kind of weird because my first class -Anthropology- didn't start until 2pm. O.o I headed over to the school around 1 to meet up with Kikay for lunch and help her buy a book before heading to class. My friend Kris is in that class, class itself seems difficult...but we'll see. After that I went up to the institute to check out the Book of Mormon class because I had the teacher teaching it as a sub before and I wanted to try him out as a teacher teacher. Needless to say I'm now signed up for the class lol. I learned about Word Prints -the way we use small words, like a, and, the, is, etc -its as unique as our finger prints! It can be used to say who worte what and proved that Joseph Smith didn't write the Book of Mormon and that there are 27ish unique word prints in the eBook of Mormon! Wow. After that I had an Interpreting class dealing with Law. The teacher's signing is hard for me to understand and this might be a harder lass, but at least I'm in the same boat as my classmates. :) At 5 I went to make sure that my British Sign Language class was for sure cancelled. Y_Y It was (had been looking forward to that class. but not enough people signed up for it. :( ) So I instead got my bus pass activated. Ha. The lady  was impressed my student card still worked. (it had gone through the wash a couple of times....bend, the black strip mangled...I'm surprised it worked the whole time I was at college lol.) It costs $15 to get a new one...so needless to say I'm sticking with my old one. I hung out waiting for my last class that started at 630pm. (I hated that, as I got further into my major the classes got later in the day >.< Personally I wouldn't want school to go pass 3pm. And it often did. BLEH! So. Annoying.) Another interpreting class, it seems like fun but a bit time consuming. I ended up with a slight headache because of lack of water and coolness because it had been too hot. I texted Kikay to come pick me up and 10 minutes later she drove right past me not recognizing me lol. We came home and had Tuna Fish Sandwiches. Met Sara's bf Todd and watched Princess and the Frog with Kikay in my room. :)

Thursday, August 25th 2011

-I woke up at 7 am this morning, it was more of a panicked jerk "I'm late!" reflex, but I still had plenty of time to take a shower and gather up my gear before heading to the institute to meet with the LDSSA for our council retreat thing. I took the car over so Kikay had to walk down to the school to get it back for work -I also left my laptop on so Kikay could check my mail incase the process to make my intership official happened -nothing got emailed to me. Anyways. Now I feel like I'm back at girls camp or youth conference. Its kinda a nice feeling, but odd. I know that tomorrow morning we have "scripture time" at like.. 7am...we have to get up at 6 am. :S But we'll have scripture time which might be like "alone time." So I don't know if I'll need this journal tomorrow morning. I kinda hope not. Just because I don't have a lot of pages left in this one. :S (I was nearly to the end of the journal.) I need to go buy a new one soon. But I met the rest of the LDDSA at the Institute. WE had muffins and bananas and after a bit we were on our way. We went to a place near the lake that was a  Rope's Course in a roundabout fashion because the usual exit to get to it was closed. At the ropes course we first played a couple of team building games. The first was called "Tank" where we were in groups of two where one member was blind folded "the tank" and the other person was the "driver" we had ammo and mines we had to grab/avoid. I was paired up with Sydney. The first time I was the tank. WE did pretty good for a while, but we got out. I had trouble hearing her sometimes but we managed. We got out quicker when I was the driver because Sydney couldn't hear/distinguish my voice among all the others. :( That was really frustrating for me because I already know I have a quiet voice. :( Next we did a "launch" game where using a trampoline like material we'd hold onto and pull taut. With a person sitting in the middle we would launch them into the air a couple of times taking turns. We had the choice of small, medium, large, and super large. Well everyone in our group was doing super large...so when my turn came I did it too...Only I'm a bit lighter than all the others... "Light as a feather" and apparently I wasn't sitting exactly right, because I basically flew up into the air and came down head first. :S -I landed on the base of my neck/shoulder blades so I was perfectly fine. But since I was basically vertical and upside down...when I landed my knees came down on my head. Especially the right one. WHAM. The knee slammed into my cheek bone and well...I have a black eye now. Its not that bad...I don't think it will be noticeable when the swelling finally goes down. (I looked like a pirate. lol. Nice dark ring around my eye.) The most annoying part of having the area of my cheek bone swell up is that looking down is a bit difficult...as is using any of those muscles...It did hurt a lot right after, but I gamely let them toss me into the air for a second time. (and landed just fine that time.) I waited until the game was over before I went in search of ice. I ended up with a blister on my left hand from gripping and pulling the trampoline so much. I'm just grateful I wasn't on the other team as that group had more guys than ours and with me being so light...I probably would have died...okay an exaggeration, but I'm glad I was with the group I was with. I contented myself with taking pictures for the rest of the activities. (all involving heights which I didn't want to do. Thankfully the black eye was a handy excuse.) But during lunch I was able to climb the rock wall they had there! Yes! I think because I'd gotten a black eye, the leader took pity on me and convinced the people to let me climb once because that was what I really wanted to do. :) Almost all of the LDSSA gathered around to cheer me on. The rock wall had three different levels. I started at the hardest one with the intention of moving around the easier one zigzagging it but I didn't find a good way to do that, so with the LDSSA cheering me on I went up and up the hardest one. lol I think I impressed everyone for 'quickly' climbing up the rockwall because the hardest level jutted out in two places, but still I made it to the top! Haha! I felt more like a part of the group afterwards, eating my lunch with them. I wanted to climb again, but I figured I shouldn't. I'm really grateful I could climb in the first place. ^^ After we finished lunch we drove up the canyon to the lodge we would be staying at. Once we arrived we played 'team building games' as well as creating skits, before having dinner, relaxing and heading to bed where everyone is asleep but me it looks like...

Saturday, August 25th 2012

-I woke up with my headache still in place which was a bit annoying and worrisome because of my job interview later today. :S I took some more advil, heated up my heatpack and basically nuzzled into it til a little after noon when I finally felt It fading. I caught up on my conference talk reading before carefully getting ready for my interview. At 2:50 pm I took off for Starsmet and in my haste drove right past it because I thought it was further down the road. :S Ah! So I was a bit panicked in turning around and getting to it, but I arrived at 3 pm and after some directions from the staff, made my way to the office where I met with Tosc. He looks like he'd be more comfortable in a computer store....we sat down and talked for 5-10 minutes he asking questions and such telling me he's looking for a part time person so I'd be working like 15-25 hours a week if I got hired. After our question/answer session... I must have said the right things because he said he had the Pet Care Manager -Reth- was there today, and that I could do an interview with her. So as he went to get her I stepped outside and made friends with the kittens, one in particular really liked me scratching his ears and another woman nearby was amazed at how much he liked it saying "He really likes that." yes. Yes he did. Reth showed up and I had an interview with her. I like her. :) She asked me questions like what animals I've had and if I'm comfortable with snakes. I told her the only thing I didn't want to handle was spiders (which at that point they didn't carry anyways.) She also asked if I would do Dishes, I said yes I would, it wasn't my favorite task, but I'd do it. (I'd do anything to get a job.) She also asked if I would be willing to work one Sunday a Month. And I said so long as I can still get to my ward I would be okay with that. I must have done well because I was scheduled for another interview with the next level up the head Manager -Cinres on Monday at 8am. I wonder if they want to see how I do/act in the mornings as well as the afternoons. :) It seems like things are rolling and I'm feeling pretty confident. Hopefully things work out...After the interviews I came home pretty hyped up. Luckily our old roommate Tiff was having a b-day party at 7 peaks tonight. So I went to her place and then drove over to water park for a couple of hours before retuning for cake and icecream. Kikay and Kah joined us there and we had a lot of fun and watched the Lorax before coming back home.

Sunday, August 25th 2013

-Today was my first time going to our 1 pm church since the ward switched times. I have to admit it was a bit surreal and before church felt more like a Saturday Morning. I just relaxed and wrote a tiny bit before heading to church in the new dress I bought from Ross. No one complimented it. :( But our ward was pretty empty. There were only 4 girls in relief society. But I made a new friend, her name is Andrea. (she moved in suddenly and moved out just as suddenly to not be heard from again. :( ) I invited her over for dinner with me, Kikay and Mirleki and I think she had fun. We watched Danny Phantom, and overall was a fun enjoyable evening. :)

Monday, August 25th 2014

-I had the painter guys visit my room just after 11am today. I was sleepingish still. Unfortunately my room is a bit of a pigsty from all the unpacking, so I'm going to need to clean up first before I invite them in to fix the walls. Work itself was chaos. Apparently disappearing for a day meant everything could go crazy. Reptile lights went out, my special coworker did something with the light above the birds, animals need to be taken to the vet that were alright Saturday, animals died...what a way to welcome Sirch back from his vacation. *sighs* My coworker Kay was still working on bedding changes when I came in at ONE because she was the only one scheduled in petcare from 830 on. Honestly I don't understand how we were expected to get anything done at all if only ONE person is scheduled in the department! I mean the rest of the department hadn't been opened and it was 1pm!! The fish NEVER got fed today. It was crazy! But truthfully we were able to get some things done, some but it seems like the entire store is spiraling into chaos. Stockers are behind, honestly I hope the new manager Tam -replacing May (she replaced Cinres)- and fix it all and get us all back on track.

Tuesday, August 25th 2015

-I had work this morning, and did the bedding changes for our back rooms. managed to get that done before the store opened and got most of the floor open as well with the exception of our reptiles because we were out of crickets, so we were waiting for our bug shipment to come in first. Worked on cleaning the fish tanks, receiving in shipments of bugs and fish and doing a bit of stocking as well. Thankfully the customers weren't too crazy today, so I was able to get all the tasks done. After work I went to Best Buy to check out laptops again, but they still didn't have the one I was looking for. I came home and dozed for a bit, before doing this and that and saying hi to the bishopric as they dropped by to make sure that they met everyone in the apartment. The apartment is stifling right now because our AC stopped working, again, and its probably not going to be fixed anytime soon due to all the new move ins who are undoubtedly sending in a ton of service requests.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment