Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Day in Review Oct 23 & 25

Soo....it shows how distraught I was about my laptop, that I totally forgot to do my Day in Review on the day I was supposed to do it. Which was Friday....so....I'm doing it now. :)

Thursday, October 23rd 2008
-Last night didn't go so well, I had a major tension/lack of sleep all around bad headache which eventually made me feel nauseous to the point of throwing up. I ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor for a bit, then my own floor...with any movement to sit up resulting in me feeling sicker. After the night...school went well enough. I had a headache faintly on the edges of my perception throughout the day but I could handle it.

Saturday, October 25th 2008
-Finished cleaning my room today. It felt so weird to be in there like I couldn't--wasn't supposed to do anything in my room. It almost felt like I had no right to be motivated. Hopefully I'll get used to the feeling since there's going to be a cleaning check sometime. Jackie's mom was over again today. I swear she must think that Jackie has nothing to eat because everytime she walks through the front door she ahs food with her. I also met Jackie's dad. If I didn't know any better I'd think he was still in college he looked so young. Today I went out to dinner with my Cousin Ali and her husband, Aunt S and Uncle S, my parents and Meralto to Tepanyaki. Kikay was at a high school dance. The chef at the restaurant was weird. He acted like a big kid and he didn't put enough spice in the food so it tasted bland to me. My parents were kind enough to buy me another book case for my books, though I'll have to put it together myself. That will be an adventure when I get around to it.

Friday, October 23rd 2009
-Today my friend Jess turned 20. So weird that she's no longer a teenager. School went as normal cept I had a more runny/stuffy nose than yesterday. I went to institute then to a soccer game we won 4-0 and I got a free pink shirt because it was the support cancer game or something like that. Also went to the volleyball game where we won 3-0 :) came home not feeling good. Really tired....

Sunday, October 25th 2009
-I'm so conflicted at the moment. I have a philosophy test tomorrow that I need to study for, but today is Sunday and I'm trying hard not to do homework on Sunday which is why I'm waiting til 12:01 to start studying. Yet I have my ASL History assignment as well, but I don't know when its due! It could be due tomorrow as well or Wed or even Fri! Plus I need to get some sleep as well. I'm halfway hoping that class is cancelled for both of them so I don't have to worry about staying awake! Ugh. I don't know what to do! *sigh* I'll...probably study...and hope and pray that W doesn't tell us to turn in our assignment tomorrow. I'm hoping he doesn't since a few of the classmates didn't have the video. Why do things seem to come due at the same time?!? Oh well, at least writing this has gotten me past the midnight mark so now I can study without worrying about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. Though trying to keep my eyes open might be harder....
(Spoilers. Ended up doing well on the Philosophy test, and W didn't call for the papers! yay!)

Saturday, October 23rd 2010
-Woke up to rain :) I like rain. :) lol Went shopping at Barnes and Noble for another Journal, to Michaels to get some clay and to Walmart for food. Came home and hung out and watched Mulan with Kikay and Jimmy. Then at 7 Casey picked me up to go dancing in Murray. At first I wasn't too excited, the area looked pretty rundown but after practicing some dance moves I relaxed and just enjoyed dancing -bare foot- for a couple of hours. We even had fun making up our own moves to go along with the beat. :)

Monday, October 25th 2010
-Spent the morning doing homework before driving down to school. Went to Anth where we started to watch a movie I can't remember the name of. Oh before school I registered for next semester's classes. Couldn't sign up for Chemistry though. (I didn't have the pre-req taken) Going to figure out the issue tomorrow with a counselor hopefully. Went to BoM where we talked about the first chapter of second Nephi. Talked w/ Esteban on the way to my next class. Refound out that Legal Interpreting was cancelled. So I nipped home to grab a CD for an ASL classmate because she left hers at home and I lived closer to campus than she did. I spent the next 2 hours working on more homework while talking to Kristin about classes she's going to take. Went to ConsectInterp where we learned Note taking styles. Dropped by home briefly to pick up Kikay then we went to the church for our ward activity of pumpkins and pizza. Ended up talking to a cute guy named Dave. Came home and watched Castle, talked with mom and did my blog before doing a bit more homework and took a shower to wash the pumpkin off me.

Sunday, October 23rd 2011
-Managed to get to church basically on time today. We were 10 minutes late...but the meeting hadn't started yet. I think the Bishopric was hoping more people would show up. After Sacrament I finally paid my tithing that I'd needed to pay since like...last summer... I feel much better now that I've paid it. Cam ehome and wrote a bit before heading over to the Neffies for dinner.

Wednesday, October 25th 2011
-School went pretty well...I had institute and did the electronic board for publicity, only 3 people noticed I changed it. Had ASL on classifier stories. Philosophy I participated in class for a little bit, talked with Travis briefly. Took the midterm for my Education class got 74/75 o n it. The teacher was impressed I asked to clarify #1 because a lot of students missed that one. Got bored to death in CJ (criminal justice) and came up with an awesome plan. Kikay stayed home because she wasn't feeling well after giving blood so I had dropped by the Institute class to ask for a makeup assignment from Bro Hugh who found out we were sisters. Anyway she asked for a hot fudge sundae to help her feel better out of jest but I decided to take her seriously, so as I was driving home I sent her a text saying I would be late needing to stay at the Institute. Instead I walked home grabbed the car, dropped by Walmart and picked up Captain America before driving over to Arctic Circle and got her her sundae and a chicken rings meal. She was very happy to get it. ^^ Worked on writing so I'd have something for writing group. Kikay had the Neffies over around 7 and they expected to stay til 830 or so but we had writing group at 830 so I had to take them home...and we ended up being late to writing group.

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012
-I went to work and did the bedding changes for the hamster cages. Took me about 3 hours to do it all before feeding the animals in the back rooms because Reth had me switch the guinea pigs on the floor with the ones in the back and I noticed they hadn't been done yet. I also did cats and had Whitney do our sick room while I opened up Birds and Reptiles and like I thought, Whitney went for the "easy" task of fish duty. Discovered one of the bearded dragons had died. :( That was sad. Went to Institute afterwards. Bro M's class because I missed yesterday and then Bro K's class before coming home and hanging out.

Thursday, October 25th 2012
-It snowed today! Okay so it was like a slight dusting on the ground, but it snowed! (as compared to 2015 when it still feels like summer boo.) I managed to avoid driving in it which was all the better! work went well. I had a bit of a sore throat otherwise I was fine. After work I went to Zupas to get some Chicken Enchilada Chili to help my throat which it did. Yay! ^^ Also got gas for the car before going to Bro K's class. Moved the car for Kikay to find and walked home and took a 2 hour nap. Mom texted me to say she got the package I sent. (sent a petpackage of treats for the animals.) Pepper enjoyed her chicken jerky, but Flare went totally crazy for the catnip. Apparently she tried to take the box away from Mom...as she could smell the catnip there...but then ended up ignoring the bag of catnip lol. I started reading Entwined by Heather Dixon today. Its pretty good though since I'm trying not to use "was" in my own writing I noticed that when she does...its in good places. :) I also went on a date with Matt fencing. He said that he had fun but I could sense he got bored with the teaching part, and he only fenced 3 bouts before calling quits so I don't know if he'll go again. I kinda got the sense he's not going to ask me out again either. But we'll see. I had fun fencing again and Savannah gave me a nice "rug burn" mark on my arm from the sword. :)

Wednesday, October 23rd 2013
-I spent the morning editing/critiquing Mirleki's story. I have to say it got rather tedious after a while...not quite sure about the plot as I think she started the story on too big of a scope and she isn't really used to writing traveling books, I'm guessing, I do think she has a great concept though. It just needs to be narrowed down a bit. After editing I took a shower, then ventured over to Starsmet to buy a snail for Kikay's tank, It was a crazy feeling going in there in street clothes lol. Like I was undercover or something, and ended up bagging up my own snails because my coworkers were busy. I dropped them off at Kikay's place before hitting Old Navy, Ross, and nearly all the clothes stores in the mall. Didn't buy a thing, but I did get two sets of shoes! Yay! Though there was a slight problem in that the paylesswere having trouble accepting debit cards, so I ended up calling mom and having her pay with her credit card over the phone. (I would pay her back.) and came home and relaxed.

Friday, October 25th 2013
-Work went well, nothing really major happened which was nice. Still wasn't fun to work until 5:30pm, Bleh. I'm so tired, I have little energy to do something and I have a night shift tomorrow night XP. Speaking of which I have 4 night shifts next week! Bleh! Not looking forward to that.

Thursday, October 23rd 2014
-Work, oh work. I halfway knew that it wasn't going to be a good day. The past couple of Thursdays haven't been too crazy which meant that today had to not go as well. It's like a law. One of those Thursdays where I could have gone without problems...it also didn't help that I'm still a bit emotionally fragile due to not feeling well. The morning started off well enough for 7 am. Cats took about 45 mins, I grabbed stuff from the hamster cages before doing back rooms. I took my 15 min break before the store opened, and started cleaning the actual hamster cages as the store opened. And guess what...people were actually waiting to come into the store! O.o I could feel dread build up in me every time a customer would come near as I knew every moment away from the bedding changes would be another moment of them not getting done! I did get it all done in time for the guy in charge of sending us our new animals to arrive. Thankfully the animals he brought in and I accepted all looked alright. And that was about the end of things going well for me. I had to help a couple of customers, write down tags for the back room and chose to open the other hamsters I didn't do bedding on, helped more customers and went back to finally getting the dishes cleaned. I didn't finish them though as Dot came in to tell me I needed to take lunch. I'd been planning to take it at 1130 so I could get everything else finished before that point, but Dot told me that I had been scheduled to take my lunch an hour previously! At 10 am! O.o which was suuupppeeerr early for me to take a lunch. I mean I'd only gotten off break an hour before that at that point. It was the furthest thing from my thoughts as I was trying to open everything by myself!! But Dot didn't care about that! >.< No he was 'mad' that I had 'thrown' everyone else's lunches off. It was enough to bring me to tears. He didn't seem to care that I had been BUSY! I hadn't even though to look when my lunch was supposed to be! It hadn't even crossed my mind to look or ask yet. But to soothe things over I went and took my lunch....with nothing done. So many potential tears there. Because I was sooo frustrated! Poor Tanner had to hear me vent and wasn't really helping as he was teasing that he would call me up to help him at register and I told him I would shoot him if he did so. I wasn't serious but I do get more blunt like that when I feel I'm struggling about something. I got back from lunch and had to help a woman get a hamster and another couple of customers before finally getting everything back in the cages I'd been cleaning earlier. Did Birds. Did reptiles and Fish and was working on the crickets when Sirch came in at 2:30 when I got off. I ended up staying a bit to talk with him and update him on how the department was doing. He actually went to go double check with Tam about the whole "care ambassador form" (the lunch schedule) and if it was law or not and established that it was the manager's duty to tell us when to take lunch (as I vented to Sirch about Dot.) not the associates themselves which did make me feel better. I went food shopping came home, saw kikay took a nap and had dinner with Kikay.

Saturday, October 25th 2014
-Work was alright today. Sirch and I were closing together so things actually got done. The store was busy in a good way, constant customers but not overwhelming for us, though registers did get pretty busy. I was able to come back them up easily enough.

Friday, October 23rd 2015
-Today felt like forever. It was the last day of a 9 day work week with no break away from work. So knowing that it was the last day totally meant that it lasted for a year and a half. It didn't help that I came in at 630 because it gave me plenty of time to get everything done before 9am. >.< Plus our Fish shipment today was pretty small, so it hardly took us any time at all to do that. Which meant...at 10:30 I had basically nothing to do. Which was bad because I worked until 3 and there were like no customers in the store. I ended up feeding fish, taking a lunch, doing some facing, this and that, trying to find things to keep me from going bonkers until that happy 3pm hour arrived! yay! Freedom!! I dropped by Walmart to pick up some white board markers and some flowers for Jess's birthday. Came home and crashed for an hour before all of us roommates went to the mall to do a bit of clothes shopping before we went to Chuck-a-Rama for dinner. Came home and tried to relax...but as you know my laptop ended up crashing so it wasn't too relaxing for me. >.<

Sunday, October 23rd 2015
-Slept pretty well last night which was nice because I haven't really had restful sleep for most of the past week. But Iz and I had an 1130 teacher training meeting for all instructors and ward missionaries. So we had to go to that. I don't think it really ended up applying to me as a ward missionary, because we aren't really teaching...yet. We're just knocking on doors in the ward saying hi and inviting people to activities. Church itself was alright, enjoyed Sacrament, but Sunday School got on my nerves as Nach -my missionary leader tried to get Iz and I to move closer to be part of a group but there was another guy nearby giving off energy that was getting on my nerves and moving closer would mean moving closer to him, and I disliked the fact that I was being 'forced' to be social and move closer when I really was quite happy where I was at. >.< So I stayed put. Relief Society went well, and I happily came home and made dinner before watching some episodes of the Flash to rejuvenate myself and calm back down again from the tension of the day. Had one of the Relief Society Presidency come by to 'get to know us one on one' ha. She hardly 'got to know us' she was more concerned about seeing what could make the ward better.....then I had the home teacher come by, which was nice, I had just been thinking earlier in the day that I hadn't seen them in a month.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi  

No comments:

Post a Comment