Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wasting Money

I feel a bit like a parent....
Where I pay for things...but don't reap the benefits....

Its funny how things can suddenly bug you.
Like you've been fine with it for a while.
But now, this day, it's become too much.

Today,
On a whim.
I decided to look in my Netflix account and see how many shows my roommates have been watching on my account.

Because I'm nice like that. To provide my Netflix as a source of shows to watch since my apt complex sucks in getting local tv channels.

Now though....I feel a bit like I'm being taken advantage from.

In the past 10 days.
I have watched 10 shows on Netflix.
On my TV...I'm not sure how many of those I've watched on my TV.
I've been watching a lot of episodes on my laptop.

So maybe the last 4 or 5 shows?

In comparison.... My three roommates have watched 70 episodes.
In ten days.
One has watched 10 of those.
Another has maybe watched 10 as well.
Which means the remaining 50....were watched by ONE roommate. In TEN days.
That averages to 5 episodes a day.

Still.
Basically....
My roommates are taking advantage of my giving nature.

And its getting to the point where I'm really tempted to just sign out of my Netflix and not let them access it at all.

Because if I can't watch my shows when I want to on my TV.
What is the point of paying a monthly fee for it?

But signing out seem a bit drastic. Burning bridges I don't need to burn.

But I do need to at least talk to them.
And set some boundaries.

Like limiting them on how much they watch Netflix on my TV.
Because like I said...my stuff. my money. I should be able to use it.

We'll see how it goes...
First I need to find the opportunity when they're all together...to talk to them....
That's going to be difficult.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment