Saturday, October 31, 2015

How Many To Eat?

There was a work party today.
A coworker appreciation party so I'm told.
Though I'm pretty sure it was just an excuse to celebrate Halloween.

In any case.
I showed up.

And found out the food was hot dogs.
Cool.
I like hot dogs.
Kinda wish there were hamburgers as well, but hot dogs work.

And one of my managers was like. "I want you to eat two hotdogs."
lol why?
Because my coworkers never see me eat 'real food'
I'm always snacking on crackers and fruit snacks at work.
Because working with animals all day....not really a place I want to make/cook food.

So they, thinking that I don't eat enough, suggested that I eat two.
Which I could.
I usually eat two hotdogs when I make them at home.

So I was confident in that challenge.

...It was more difficult than I had imagined it to be.
Because the managers bought a different set of hotdogs than I'm used to.
So the taste and texture of them was...nearly gag inducing.
Because I have a sensitive gag reflex.

The managers were like "How is it?"
"Different."
"Different?"
"Yah. I'm used to the cheap ones."
You know, the 98 cent package of hotdogs you can get at the store?
Those ones.

Those are the ones I'm used to tasting. And like the taste of. lol.
These fancier hotdogs...were alright.
But not something I would go out right now and buy.

I did eat the two hotdogs though.
I had to do it slowly so as to not make myself gag, though I did that a couple of times.

So I accomplished their dare.

And they said. "Okay, now eat three! Eat three. Eat three."
"No, you said that I only needed to eat two."

And it all boiled down to "I knew you couldn't eat three hot dogs! You missed the gold medal there."
*sighs*
Boys.
What is it about them and one upping each other?
They told me two. So I ate two.
You can't change the stakes and make it three after the fact. *shakes head*

Perhaps I would have attempted it.
If I hadn't gone to Taco Bell to get a crunchwrap a couple of hours earlier.
So I was already full.

Stuffed really.
Two hotdogs and a crunchwrap? Totally crazy.
I wouldn't be able to eat more at all.
Because I already was one move away from emptying my stomach from the first two not so great tasting hot dogs.

so I stood firm and stayed away from that third hot dog.
I bet if I'd eaten a third they'd have goaded me into a fourth if the pattern would hold.
like I said...what is it about boys and trying to one up each other?

In any case.
Yay for food and feeling stuffed! lol.

Now. To enjoy alllll the candy for Halloween. ^^
Happy Halloween guys!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment