Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Snail Mastermind

Gilderoy has struck again.

I've once again lost another Betta fish.
And I can only turn to one source that has taken the life of my beloved Pharaoh. And before that, Dr. Swoosh.

That source.
Can only be my Golden Snail.
Gilderoy.

For he has survived where the others have not.
Which only makes him the master mind of some devious plot to get the little one gallon tank all to himself.....

lol Okay....
So the snail may not entirely be at fault....
Maybe.
We'll see.

In any case.
My fish Pharaoh, newest addition to our apartment family...
Ended up not making it.
It could be the snail that did it him in.
Could be not eating.
Could be he didn't like the light.
Or where the tank was.
Or a hundred different reasons that a fish can randomly die....

But my guess was that I just hadn't done a deep enough clean the last time on that particular fish tank.
So there was something lurking (or Gilderoy is just evil.) in the tank that needed to be rinsed out.
So, for the third time...
I took the tank, and did a thorough wash out. Swishing out the gravel, making sure there was a nice new shiny filter cartridge, cleaning the decorations off, rinsing out the tank, the whole shebang.
Nearly killing Gildeory in the process. :S
Oops.

Hey...for a golden snail, he's pretty good at hiding in plain sight.
-Don't worry, evil mastermind is fine. He's scooting around the tank as happy as can be.

But now.
After such a thorough cleaning...
We'll see if the third time is the charm.
And see if my new Betta fish will last longer than the previous residences have....
Only time will tell...
But if this one (not yet named, though he's cool, creamy white with red spots on him.) bites the dust...
Perhaps it's time for Snail Gilderoy to have his own tank to himself....perhaps.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment