Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Day In Review -October 14th

Thursday, October 14th 2004

-Today was so not exciting. I got up and went to school. Before school started, my sister threw up in the hall. So I had to run down to the office to tell them that my sister was sick. Then I called my neighbor to see if she could pick her up, but she wasn't there so I had to wait outside for 15 minutes until she came then I had to go find my sister. But it turned out that she wasn't sick anymore. So I had to run outside and tell my neighbor that my sister isn't sick so I was sorry I kept her waiting. Then I had to run to my first period class and by that time my arm was hurting really bad and...okay...gotta calm down. After that we had a fire drill in 2nd period. And everything else after that was pretty uneventful. Though when my sister and I got home the house still smelt of smoke. (brother tried to make Ramen noodles...but forgot to put water in the dish before he started cooking.) So we had to open all the windows. Turn on all the fans and open the doors. Now I'm going to stop blabbering and get some rest because my left arm is killing me after writing so much.

Saturday, October 14th 2006

-My  family (except mom) went and did baptisms for the dead with our ward. It was my brother's first time doing baptisms for the dead. And it was an awesome and spirit filling experience made sweeter by the fact that Daddoo was there to do everything from confirming to baptizing. It was awesome! It's currently UEA weekend, though surprisingly we chose not go anywhere during the break...mostly because my parents are out of vacation time. Its been relaxing though. Which is nice.

Tuesday, October 14th 2008

-I saw Ben from Geology class on my way to Institute today he hasn't shown up for class for like a week. Institute was fun, I got to play with a pen and pad that let you write things on the computer screen. ASL we described things and class was cancelled for tomorrow. I ran into the Andrew guy again and we exchanged some quick Hi's before I went on my way to the bus stop to get home and relax like usual.

Wednesday, October 14th 2009

-Didn't sleep that great last night, I kept waking up. Went to school...most likely embarrassed myself in front of my V&D class because we had to read alou dour sonnets and then tell a story that reminds us of it. So I chose the kitten story of how they're now all dead. :( (remember this moment...not quite the kitten story though... :( ) So, of course I went to pieces with my voice barely being intelligible and tears running down my face and nobody comforted me. That made it worse. Otherwise my school day was normal. It was a cool cloudy day today with the clouds swirling around the mountains in such a way that it reminded me of the Oregon coast or Alaska's wilderness. I got to come home today since it's now Fall Break. My parents picked me up and we had dinner at Frazuli's. Went to a store then came home where I got to see my beloved pets and the new skylight my parents installed. Also saw Dove the feral cat I tamed. She was acting weird...I hope she's okay, it seems like she needed some comforting as well. Went to another store with my Dad and came home and chatted with Kikay for an hour or so and took a hot bath to try and relax my tense shoulder muscles.

Thursday, October 14th 2010

-Woke up this morning to a knock on the door. It was 9 am, and management had come to do something with the cable connections w/ internet/phone/stuff. Did homework and read most of the day while Kikay went out and hung w/ her friend. Participated in the writing group thing...then Kikay went out to a dance and came back with more friends. I hung out with them for a bit, but they left to get donuts or something so I'm here. Hopefully going to write a bit waiting for Kikay to come back home tonight before going to bed.

Friday, October 14th 2011

-It was another morning interpreting thing. I happened to see Beth walking to school and I offered her a ride. Went to interpreting. Didn't do much. Decorated a cookie and interpreted a conversation about some guy doing something and getting 30 days in jail or something like that. Went to Anatomy where my teacher informed us that next week we'd just have the one quiz this week because after Fall break we'd be having our Midterm. Way to kill the excitement for vacation. I went back to Interpreting but just stood there while the person I'm interpreting for had a conversation with a couple of people who knew sign language. At one point, a couple of women asked my name and told me they thought I was cute and such. They were acting like I was 10 or so. Saying how cute I was whenever I'd sign or say something. It was weird. I went to Devotional where we talked about Patriarchal Blessings. Did institute stuff like putting glue on Kikay and Caleb's face to make milk moustaches for a poster. (to take pictures of them.) Studied for and took my anatomy quiz. The teacher mixed up making it a fill in the blank test instead of an ABC test. I'm pretty sure I got 3 or 4 wrong.  Walked home and hung out and bad mood having been informed by my  CJ teacher that I had "copied 17% of my last homework" I don't see what the big deal is. I used phrases from the book...but isn't that the point of writing a paper from the book? Probably need to state sources...though I'd think it would be obvious. 17% isn't that much either. Totally don't get it.

Sunday, October 14th 2012

-I wrote a little this morning, but I think I need to start the plot a tad earlier, especially with Kikay's advice. Hopefully I'll be able to write a little tomorrow. I'm probably going to go shoe shopping tomorrow at some point because my church shoes are broken. Church was good and I went to the Sones for dinner before coming back to watch Once Upon a Time and went to ward prayer before Kah brought some guys back to play games which were fun, but I'm kinda  glad I have to go to bed early so I don't have to be around them anymore.

Monday, October 14th 2013

- I had work at noon today, which being Monday was a bad thing. As I had a class at noon. My institute class. Dot had been supposed to figure out the schedule, but nothing happened...like I expected.. So instead, I chose to go to a class at 11 am instead. I know Bro S's dislikes class hopping. But I couldn't be late to work. So after looking up the classes at 11am I chose to go to Brother M's class. Ah. Can I tell you what a difference I felt there! It was like walking into sunshine. It felt awesome. Heh especially because Bro M greeted me with a smile and kinda made me feel like a celebrity. He's just so bright and chipper it was a welcome balm to my spirit. It was a welcome change. I mean Bro S's class is good. But there's been an...aura there that hasn't made me feel happy. It may be something in the class. But comparing the two classes was like night and day. It would probably help if I came into class with a better attitude...guess we'll see. Work itself was pretty buys. Kinda odd for a Monday, but I'm glad I wasn't just standing there, though it got crazy with the register more than once. I was on register for the first couple of hours of my shift. The main interesting thing would be that I was training the new guy on the register. But when my coworker came in at 2 I let her take over and spent the next hour or two helping Dot to receive some shipments that hadn't been received yet. Doing a fish count and cricket count, I also sold a Syrian and a robo hamster and caught a couple of finches, Mentored a couple more new people in the department and yah...managed to stay busy. Annoying thing is that my work watch is dying. The clock keeps stopping which means I need to replace it. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by Walmart and grab one after work tomorrow. A cool thing also happened at work, I was talking to a woman who is going to have a baby and we got to talking about their baby girl's name. So far they want to name her Scout. All I can think of is the story "To Kill a Mocking Bird." I asked if they were going to pick a middle name like "Scott Marie" or something and the woman gave me a surprised look/touched look on her face and she emotionally said that Marie was her mother's name and how had I picked that name? I wonder if I "spoke for angels." when the name Marie popped into my head. It would make sense, if the mom had passed on, but I'm not sure she had. Still I think it helped her in some way as she seemed to take it as a sign of sorts. It will be interesting if they actually end up naming their daughter that. I thought it was rather cool. (don't know if they did or not.) I came home and relaxed, the RS presidency and the Bishop's wife dropped by to give us a mini loaf of bread and chat. That was fun.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014

-I'm so tired. Work was exhausting today because it was a high stress load for me today. I got in at 8am to find that my coworker hadn't come into work. A quick text revealed that she'd been up all night throwing up, so she wasn't coming in today. And since it was Tuesday one of our "barely staffed" days, that meant that I would be by myself for my entire shift. With the next person coming in right as I got off. And here I was an hour before the store opened...with nothing done. Thankfully there were only 3 cat cages to clean otherwise I would have spent the first hour doing all the cat cages. But I was able to open hamsters and birds as well, getting the fish and reptiles done an hour and a half after the store opened. Just in time for me to take a break. Once back I focused on doing the bedding changes for the back rooms. A long process because I had to do a sink full of dishes not relating to bedding changes at all while helping customers and with the back rooms pretty full plus I had to take a lunch break and one of my old coworkers came into the store for a bit so I talked to him...in the end I didn't get back rooms done until nearly 3pm. Then I finally did crickets before starting prep for the back rooms new arrives. It wasn't as big of a deal to get those ones done today as the animals won't be here for a couple more days. But I managed to get everything but the name tags done by the time I clocked out. So grateful it was basically dead in my dept today, and that my coworkers were able to pick up some of the slack as I tried to get everything done. After work I went to institute, great lesson, and now...now I need sleep. I have no energy.

Wednesday, October 14th 2015

-It's so weird to have work off today. Not normal considering I'm usually needed to do certain tasks in the morning at work...but due to Fall break a lot of my coworkers are disappearing for the four day weekend, hence...me getting today off and having to work the rest of the week. I spent the day being lazy because I haven't felt a hundred percent. So I indulged in my Flash obsession spending the morning watching episodes of season 1. :) I did some blogging, a bit of writing and went to my  institute class with my roomie, which was a good bit of fresh air, to be out and about instead of briefly sitting on my balcony. Dropped by Jamba Juice to get myself a fruit smoothie as I was craving some fruit and came home to relax some more as I'm still feeling off.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment