Friday, October 2, 2015

A Day In Review -October 2nd

Thursday, October 2nd 2008

-More School today. Nothing really of note. Today is my cousin Justin's birthday. Yah...that's about it.

Friday, October 2nd 2009

-Not feeling well at the moment. I have another headache. School was regular school. Except in V&D class was cancelled cus the teacher had to go to LA. Institute meeting was fun. Had a good time. Came home paid rent took a nap woke up to find the stinky smell of something burning. Kendra was cleaning the oven. Turned it off cus I thought she was crazy. She turned it back on and I had to deal with 4 hours of stinkiness. Probably one reason why my headache didn't go away.

Saturday, October 2nd 2010

-General Conference today. :) Took a shower this morning and again had troubles with my eyes. Talking later in the day to Daddoo he thinks my eyes are dry and that I need to eat more veggies and get eyedrops. Watched conference with Kikay and her friends Jon, Jimmy and Jenny. I spent conference drawing. After conference the others made breakfast. :) Eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Then we girls kicked the boys out and went dress shopping so I'd have something to wear to the Presidential Ball on Tuesday. I drove to the DI, it was so bright out I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. Which is scary when I'm driving. (My eyes were being really sensitive to light at this point. Where car head lights would blind me at light. Where regular sunlight would have me closing my eyes to avoid the pain of the brightness.) At the DI I found a dress that fits me like a glove. It's lavender and blue. Dropped by Ross -found sunglasses in the car and wore those, but didn't find any good shoes. Came back to the apt to watch the second session of Conference. After Kikay took Jenny home we went grocery shopping. Had chili for dinner.

Sunday, October 2nd 2011

-Woke up early to go with my family to the Conference Center in SLC to hear the song and the spoken word and to listen tot he morning session of General Conference. :) It was a good experience and I enjoyed being there. Elder Robert D. Hales spoke today. I haven't seen him in a year because he didn't speak at the April Conference. I didn't recognize him. He's been having some health issues...I don't know what, but he looks way different. A rounder ace, his lips looked pinched. He was wearing glasses that carried oxygen to his nose and he sat as he talked. My heart goes out to him. I pray that he may recover fully. It was mentioned that the other Apostles looked older, but I didn't notice it on them. For the second session of conference we piled onto Mom's bed and listened there watching the TV. Had diner and played with the cats. Then drove home to College Town and watched Thor and ate ice cream with Kikay.

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012

-It wasn't really fun to get up this morning at 4, but I did it. Went to work and cleaned out the bedding for the Hamsters today. :( One of the Syrians had died. Y_Y Maybe even last night when I was shutting down all the habitats. :( I found out also that working a 6 hour shift means that I also get a lunch break. Tha twas annoying to have to take today as Kellen and Jos were not familiar with the reptiles as I am. But other things came up because they hadn't been done yet. Did those and by then my shift had ended. Dropped by home to change clothes and talk with mother dearest on the phone before going to Brother K's class. I played the piano before moving the car to a better spot (for Kikay) and walked home. I did laundry and took a shower and a nap before going to the Relief Society Pumpkin Carving activity. I didn't carve right away as I was waiting for Kah to show up as we had a roommate pumpkin. One per apartment. We carved a mustached face. We went to the In and Out afterwards for food before coming home and watching Tangled. I briefly talked to my Daddoo as well.

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013

-Today was the day. The day Meralto went into the MTC. :( But to go back a step. Ashleigh set off the fire alarm once more this morning taking a shower. I was already awake reading conference talks but it was a good wake up call. I met my family at the Village Inn for breakfast. Our last family meal together before we took Meralto to the MTC. It was a good gathering, we dropped by Deseret Book to kill some time after breakfast and Kikay and I brought brother some tie clips before Kikay left to get to her 11:30 class. I also gave Meralto a rock as a worry stone that had been in my room and a bouncy ball I'd kind of felt inspired to give. It surprised me how much he liked the pink bouncy ball lol. I expected him to give me a look of "seriously?" but no, he really appreciated it. I told him it was for when his companion got sick. That way he'd have something to do. I'm sure he'll find other uses for it too lol. After Kikay left, the rest of the family killed some more time at the Provo Temple grounds where we said our last good bye before driving down the road to the MTC. There, a bunch of happy smiling missionaries stood waiting to guide the newly arrived into the building. He got Meralto's luggage out of the car and I gave him one more hug goodbye and then he was off on his adventure. It was a happy sad moment. I'm going to miss him. The parents dropped me back off at my car before they headed back up to HomeTown. Mother Dearest only got emotional once she slowed downa t home and realized that tow years was a long time. I think she's feeling the emptier house since its just her and Daddoo home now. Empty Nesters. I'm trying to not think too much about it otherwise I get teary eyed. I came home took a nap to get my muscles relaxed again before catching up on Castle and Shield. I didn't do much else today. IT was a sit type of day to be more reflective I suppose. I hope Meralto is already having a blast on his first day at the MTC and that he's already fitting in and having fun with his MTC companion.

Thursday, October 2nd 2014

-Work came around too early this morning. I'm no longer use to the 7 am shifts as I hardly get them anymore. But I managed to get up and get to work. We didn't have any cats so I was able to go straight into bedding changes. Made easier because I actually had a second opener today. Kaylee came in an hour later and together we were able to get the dept open by 9, besides fish and crickets. It was weird, its been so long since we've been that "ahead" on things. Our new hamsters and birds came in as well as Reptiles and Bugs. But all at a good space apart that I didn't have to rush between one or the other. Work went well, with the exception that I didn't end up getting off work until 2pm when I should have been off half an hour earlier. That was because Sirch was a bit late. Poor manager. He had a bit of an emotional breakdown between his classes and his work shift. :( I wisht here was more I could do to comfort him/help him out. In any case. I went grocery shopping and spent $100 exactly. And dropped by work to place a bag of Starbursts there for Sirch to find...which he did a couple of hours later. lol. Hopefully it was a pick me up for him. I came home and grabbed the loaf of bread I left at Kikay's yesterday...giving her a $5 movie that I picked up while shopping. -Guardians of Gahool. Because I knew she liked it. I even managed to find my checkbook!! It was under my bed. So I was able to pay rent. :D Yay! I put away my groceries and took a nap. Talked with Fern for a bit, took a shower, mae tacos, which I offered to share with the others before putting it away.

Friday, October 2nd 2015

-I was the first one into work this morning, and got most of the department open before my second opener came in. She's usually on closing shifts and hasn't opened before. So I did a bit of training with her to show her how to open the department, leaving her to open up the reptiles. I ended up getting stuck on register for the first hour we were opened due to the managers being on cashier duty, but needing to receive our truck they couldn't be in the front of the store and the back of the store at the same time. So I hung out on register. Once I finally got off of it, I showed my coworker how to receive in the fish and she discovered why I love changing out the betta water. Because I love seeing the colors of the fish revealed. She found it to be rather calming and tranquil. After work, I hung out for a bit at work to meet up with my Amazing Roommate to pick out a new Betta fish, because the last one I got didn't last that long. :( After we picked out a nice black betta, Amazing Roommate took the fish home. I went to Best Buy to buy an $80 antenna so I could get Local Channels to watch General Conference. (and Age of Ultron!!)  I dropped by Hobby Lobby to get a foam board to glue a puzzle to. Then dropped by Walmart to get ingredients for Made from Scratch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I came home and had a bite to eat before going straight into making cookies. I got three cookie sheets cooked before I hurried to work to give some cookies to the manager on duty there as he won't be there tomorrow when I plan to take more cookies for the people there before General Conference. I came home and had some Zupas with the Amazing Roommate. Tried to get the antenna to work and got the same stupid four channels that I have no use for. So. Utterly. Disappointing. So I returned to Best Buy to return the antenna since it's useless to me. And then sat in my car for an hour outside the store to defume from the disappointment. Apparently the dark hole I find myself in can only get local channels with an outdoor antenna which the complex doesn't allow for 'aesthetic' reasons. I dropped by Arctic Circle to get me and a roommate RootBeer Freezes. Came home to continue finishing cookies and watching Emperor's New Groove and the new Cinderella.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment