Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fish Edumacation

Sometimes...when you're not on duty...you just need to come to the rescue of another.

In this case...
I had ventured out of my apartment to go buy groceries at the Walmart.
And on a whim, I ventured over to pet section.
Mostly to see if they actually still carried fish.
Which they do. (People keep telling me that Walmart doesn't carry fish anymore, but this location still does.)
And as I was walking past.
There was this couple.
Talking over what fish they wanted to get.

And I couldn't help myself.
I had to step in.
Because the combination of fish they were talking about. Puffers. Tiger Oscar Cichlids, Neon Tetras, Tiger Barbs.
Yah. 3 out of those four were going to be killed.

Because guess what? One fish is super aggressive! The Tiger Oscar loves to eat other fish. The puffers as well, I've heard like to eat fish. The neon tetras. Oh they're doomed. Tiger barbs...maybe not.

So I stepped in.
And told them.
That's not a good idea.

I saved the fishy's lives.
Because apparently, they'd already bought Tiger Barbs and Neon Tetras before....
And were confused as to why the neons all disappeared and the Tiger Barbs died.

BECAUSE THE OTHER FISH ATE THEM! THE OTHER FISH KILLED THEM! THAT'S WHY!!

And they were like O.O
What do we do?
And I'm like.
a) get only cichlids because they can get along together.
Or b) get rid of the cichlids and do other fish that won't kill each other.

(c. Come to my store where we'll actually tell you that your fish will kill each other if you get them.)

Thankfully.
I was in the right place at the right time.
To inform the potential pet customers.
And let them know about what they should do.

And they seemed to be grateful for the advice. Yay!

It's kinda sad that I did work related things on my day off....
But just goes to show how much I love my job that I want to help others even when I'm not in my store lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment