Friday, March 24, 2017

A Lil Feedback

It's an interesting thing.
Blogging.

Because unlike Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter where people comment/share/like what you post...

There's not much feedback in Blogging.

I mean, yes, People can comment on your blog posts.
But like them? Repost them?
*shrugs* Not so much.

I can get a sense of how popular posts are from the schematic that Blogger has that shows me which posts have been viewed, by how many people, and what countries I'm getting views from.

If it weren't for that.
I'd be more prone to think of this as an online journal or something. lol.
Because, again, it's not like I have people commenting on my posts or anything. It's a rare blue moon when it does happen.

Which is probably why blogs aren't the easiest thing to keep up.
*shrugs*

That's the main reason why I have the view point of "Do it for me."
Why am I blogging?
For me. For my entertainment. To get my thoughts, my stories, my dreams, my outlook written down.
And if I have other people see it and like it then WOOT!!! lol.
But I've always done blogs for myself because if I like what I'm doing...then maybe someone else will too. lol.

In any case.
Occasionally when I tell people that I blog,
They ask to see them.

Which is always a bit of a : Huh? O.o Moment lol.
You want to read what I'm writing? O.o Such a weird feeling.

And then afterwards, after I've given them the links.
I get slightly anxious.
Because...what would they think?
It's any writer/artist's worry.
What will they think? Will they like it? Will it be good?

More often than not, nothing comes of it.
I hardly ever know if those people actually read the blogs. haha. :)

But a little bit ago.
A coworker of mine discovered that I blog.
Something that they were surprised that I did, as I don't usually bring it up at work. ^^;; heh.

So like the usual thing I do, I gave my coworker the links to my blogs, and then brief descriptions of what they are about.

And left it at that.

Though inside I was dying to ask. "Have you read it yet? Have you looked at my blogs? What did you think?!"

Time passed, a couple weeks or so it feels like. (Though time at work moves weird, so it could have been longer or shorter and I wouldn't know. lol.)

But yesterday, when we had a slow moment between customers.
My coworker brought up my blogs.
That they'd read them.
()_()
Wait.
What?
Let me clear out my ears and tell me that again.
YOU READ MY BLOGS?!
:S

Haha.
Like I said, I don't get feedback on my posts.
So to have someone bring up my blogs.
Wow.
It was such a weird feeling. lol.

But oh.
It made me so happy.
Because my coworker really enjoyed reading my posts.
Saying that I have a 'readability' to my writing.
Where you kinda just keep scrolling, keep reading, keep going to the next post. Because how I'm writing is intriguing enough to keep the reader reading.
Hehe.

Oooo ^^ It made me so giddy to hear that. lol.

It's always good to hear that your style of writing is easy to read. And that people like reading that particular style of writing. Because I recognize that not everyone will like it.
But to hear that some people do. ^^;;
Ah. It does my heart good. lol.

Totally a day booster for sure. :)

Yay for random feedback!! :D lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment