Saturday, March 25, 2017

Branching Out Creatively

There are days when my brain gets a little bit too creative when it comes to things.
Where it wants to do ALL the things. And has a high confidence level that I CAN do ALL the things.
*shakes head*
Yah, my brain gets a bit out of touch with reality on occasion.
Like when I wanted to start a comic blog, and realized after a few attempts....
That drawing takes forever and that I don't have the patience and only average skills when it comes to that.

lol. It doesn't stop me from considering fantastical ideas though.
Like the thought of creating a youtube channel where I post videos of my fish.
Possibly narrating their actions and such. Or just putting music in to make the video feel awesome or whatever.
Do I have any idea how to do this?
Nope. Not at all.
Doesn't stop me from considering it though. lol. And I may still do it once I have my tank all settled with fish. ;)

But yesterday.
I had another idea strike me.
Of something 'more' I could do in media land.
(which considering I already do a TON is crazy in of itself to think of adding one more.)

But that's what I get for watching murder shows.

As I had been up at my parents, where I had access to a TV with Cable. (as my current place doesn't get tv channels at all.) And as I tend to do, I switched the TV on to the Investigation Discovery Channel (aka the channel that has shows about murders)
I only watched an episode or two.

But it got my brain sparking again in the direction of an idea I had a bit ago.

What if.
What if, I wrote a murder mystery?
And then, I would post it a bit at a time somewhere online.
In order to give the readers a chance to see if they could figure out who killed the victim before the protagonist did in the story.

Of course.
My brain, being in a state of over active creativity yesterday thought that this was a brilliant plan! lol.

And so I spent basically the entire day I was running around doing this and that.
Mentally plotting it out.

I would start off each 'murder' with a "normal day"
Where you'd get to meet the character on a day that would be considered 'normal' for them. So you can see how their life was before things went wrong. In this 'normal day' I would introduce quirks, habits, people, and life in general to the reader.
That way the reader could see "this is normal"
It would also allow me to introduce characters who could possibly have a hand in solving the crime later on or be the criminal themselves.

With the 'norm' established.
The next post would be the 'disappearance.'
Where you would read the final actions of the victim before they 'never came back.'
Which would again, provide the reader more clues on possible motives.

Then there would be the 'realization' that "Hey! So and So hasn't been seen in [time period] we should check in on them."

Which would lead to a variety of things. Interviews with people, possible motives for disappearing, and...the discovery of the body with the consequential evidence found at the crime scene.

There would then be posts dealing with the evidence, eye witness testimonies, possible suspects, and the results of tests, and a timeline of events that lead to the death, that would be brought up.
Of course I'd probably throw in a few curve balls here and there. 'We thought the motive was money, but turns out the person was flat broke, therefore so and so had no real motive to ask for money from the victim." etc etc.

And then would come the arrest. Where the suspect is confronted, arrested, and the reader finds out the motive of the crime.

and tada!!
Your murder is solved!!


lol. Seems like fun right?
Okay...maybe I'm the only one who would think it's fun to solve murders. ;) I've been on a mystery kick for six months now, so that's only to be expected.
But still! To write my own would be awesome!!

Only my brain wanted to take it further than that.
Where I would provide actual pictures of suspects (probably google images), pictures of the crime scene, of the evidence. Video interviews with the suspects and with family/friends.

Basically...I want to make it a whole TV series really. haha.
Which yah... :S I don't have that much time.

Considering it can take me forever to write when I'm being creative....
This would take a long while to set up and complete.

Mostly because I would want to ensure that I had this murder mystery all thought through, written out, and SOLVED before I actually showed it to anyone online. :S
I would hate to be in the middle of the crime and just.....stop.

So all in all....if I were to do this idea.
It would probably take me at least a month (judging by my writing style) to get all the pieces of the puzzle locked into place. Think of crime, motive, suspects, evidence, twists. etc.

Still though.....
I may just do this...because who knows.
It could be a ton of fun!! :D

Guess we'll see. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment