Saturday, March 11, 2017

Corner Pain

It's not the easiest to work when you're not feeling well.
Especially in customer service.
One needs to have phenomenal acting skills for sure to pull off 'acting normal' even if you just want to curl up in a corner and cough your lungs out.

But with a fuzzy head.
My logical side is a bit off.
Like... "Oh I can't find a water bottle to place in this animal's cage, let me pull one off the shelf we can use." Only to realize once I've done so...that I had never checked the sink to see if there were dirty water bottles in there that I could have cleaned and used instead. *face palm*

Yah....my creativity certainly takes a hit....when it's not making it's own loopy ideas seem plausible. lol.

Still, the other downside to a fuzzy head....is that you kinda forget how long your limbs are.

Especially when your arms are bent.
You forget how far your elbows can actually jut out from your body.
And end up whacking them on things.

Like the corners of doors.

There's this one particular doorway.
Where I struggle with this, even when I'm feeling perfectly dandy.
It leads to one of our back rooms, and the quarters within are rather tight.
And some times. I pause in said doorway for whatever reason.
Pull my left elbow back, for whatever reason.

And do a fantastic job of hitting the 'funny bone' of my elbow.

Ow.

For the most part it's nothing major.
Like it's major in that I spend five minutes trying to breathe as pain courses up and down my elbow and I try and see if I can still move my limb or if I'm now reduced to using only my right arm for the rest of the day....before it all becomes well again.

But today.
No such luck for me.
Somehow, I managed to adjust the angle of my elbow and give it enough force.
To seriously cause myself pain when said elbow connected once more with the corner of the doorway.

Honestly, even though I writhed in agony for like five minutes as I attempted to continue my tasks of checking food and water on the animals in there normally.....
I hadn't believed the pain would last long.
It usually doesn't after all.
I forget about it, and move on....until I hit my elbow on that corner once more.

Today though.
Oh man, I totally whacked it good.
Because now. Hours upon hours later, long after my shift ended....
It still hurts.
Bending and straightening my arm still causes pain.
Which when you're a lefty... and do basically everything with your left hand...meant that I spent my entire shift dealing with my elbow crying out in pain whenever I attempted to do anything.
Doesn't help body. Really doesn't help. I'm already sick there was no need to add bodily harm to my list of 'not feel wells'

*shakes head*
I'm hoping that some rest will lessen the pain.
Though judging by the fact that Kikay has stated "Wow your arm is really swollen and bruised!"
...I'm not that hopefully. *sighs*

Note to self.
STOP HITTING MY ELBOW!!
Because. OW.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment