Sunday, March 5, 2017

Clopening

Clopening shifts aren't the funnest thing to deal with.

Where you basically close the store down...and then eight hours later...come back into the store to open it again.
I always end up feeling quite tired the next day, and feeling like I never left work really. Because I basically have time to go home, find something to eat, and then head straight to bed. *exhales*

Thankfully, since I have quite the seniority at work due to how long I've been there...I haven't had to Clopen in a long while.
I've rarely closed down the department in the past year or so actually, as I've been firmly established as the 'morning person' at work. lol.

So it was a bit jarring to actually come in and work a closing shift.
I mean, the past couple of Saturdays I've worked evening shifts, but I've left before the store closed for the day.

A closing shift....and even more so, a closing shift on a Sunday...was just weird.

I mean, whenever we have to do the 'official' 'start back at square one' animal count for the store, we end up doing them Sunday Nights after the store closes, since we close early on Sundays so we have more time to count the 3,000 some odd animals. *shakes head*
However, in the past, I was just scheduled to come as soon as the store closed.
Not while the store was still open.

So coming to work on a Sunday with the store still open and me actually having to deal with customers and help them out....
Yah, it was weird.
Not bad as Sundays are usually pretty slow.
But weird.
So weird.
It's going to throw my whole week off for sure. lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment